Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Huddlestone said in his interview that if Hull had offered him a deal three weeks ago before we showed interest he would have signed it. Staggering incompetence from a club that really can't afford to lose its established players.

Incredible. 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Huddlestone said in his interview that if Hull had offered him a deal three weeks ago before we showed interest he would have signed it. Staggering incompetence from a club that really can't afford to lose its established players.

Tough

23 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Are you sure? If I remember correctly we were robbed and I believe Peter Gadsby said the Amigos gave him away.

Yes remember what gadsby said, we were robbed.  Never got 2.5m, it was 650k with add ons that didn't happen - one of the main instalments was based on him playing for England within 2 or 3 years which didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Dan_Ram said:

Haha, funny you should say that. Just got back from my mates house who is getting married at Swancar Farm in Trowell next week and he was over there for his final planning meeting this morning. Guess who he sees... none other than our Tom. 

His dad's a liverpool scout and he knows his football so I doubt he would have mistook him.

Swanker?

On 14/07/2017 at 21:30, Supermac said:

True but who ended up in the Premier League? Nuff said 

That was based on us being stupid enough not to settle on for a 2 goal deficit and take it to the second leg! 

A great signing, he left Derby too early. I have a feeling of Déjà vu. In 2005 Seth Johnson came back after years of being away and Derby afterwards got promoted. Now Tom has returned and I have a feeling of Derby going up again. Just one or two more attacking players and this squad will be ready for promotion.

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Class player.

Can't help but think he's a replacement for GT though.

In his interview about the signing, Rowett said last season we missed someone who could control the game from the middle because Thorne was out. And he also said ideally he wants 2 players for each role in the team, so Huddlestone and Thorne will be the 2 for the deep playmaker, but that would suggest 1 of Bryson, Butterfield or Johnson will be on the way out as he only wants 2 for the centre mid spot next to Thorne/Huddlestone. 

just delighted. 30 years young with champions league and premier league experience and most of all a great love for Derby and a burning desire to pay is back and do well here! Buzzing! Good luck TH!!!

Archived