Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is fantastic news for Vydra and Nugent, last season they only really had Hughes who could make a pass when they made runs in behind. The amount of times I saw Vydra make a really good run and not get a pass when he was starting early on in the season was mental.

Now they've got Thorne and Huddlestone, both of whom are probably two of the best passers we've had at the club in the past 15 or so years. Going to be great for all the attackers really but Vydra in particular, I think.

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

This is fantastic news for Vydra and Nugent, last season they only really had Hughes who could make a pass when they made runs in behind. The amount of times I saw Vydra make a really good run and not get a pass when he was starting early on in the season was mental.

Now they've got Thorne and Huddlestone, both of whom are probably two of the best passers we've had at the club in the past 15 or so years. Going to be great for all the attackers really but Vydra in particular, I think.

I doubt whether vydra will still be here.

PistoldPete2
30 minutes ago, BuxtonRam74 said:

For that price, it's a great signing. Really surprised that Steve Bruce didn't take him to Villa having managed him at Hull.

I wondered thAt too but as someone else said villa do have a lot of midfielders already. 

another good signing on the cheap. A few people are concerned with the age of the team now but you need tactical guile as well as exuberance to get promoted. 

We have had an inate ability to crumble when we are up against it over the past 3 season's hopefully we will have a bit more about us this time around. 

Imo we need some more pace / quality in the wide areas to make up for the loss of Ince. Weimann and Russelljust arnt the solution for me. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

That was the single cruellest misfortune  (1st game at Bolton ) and we're still dealing with the aftermath. 

Just hope we never have to experience injuries of that magnitude again, particularly in the same game and moreover in the first game of the season. 

We were jinxed that season, of that I'm sure. 

45 minutes ago, BuxtonRam74 said:

For that price, it's a great signing. Really surprised that Steve Bruce didn't take him to Villa having managed him at Hull.

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I wondered thAt too but as someone else said villa do have a lot of midfielders already. 

I think it is down to knowing that Tom wanted to come here. There was no where else (in this division at least) that he would have gone to instead. Hull offered him more money than we did but he turned them down.

There were two lines about the Hull deal that interested me. Firstly Tom said if he'd been offered that Hull deal before he knew we were interested he'd have happily signed and stayed there.

But there's also a line from the Hull end that they'd been offering him a new contract before we came into the picture.

Seems they didn't want him that much until he was going, then it was too late. :lol:

Archived