Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gritters said:

One thing that pisses me off is we sold him for less than £1m. We have bought him back for £2m with a lot less potential. Do we get any sell on clause? ?

Sold him for £2.5m mate :p Also I think we had a sell on clause but bloody Tottenham decided to keep him while he was at his best like selfish b******s. Means we probably got a bit of the £5m Hull paid for him tho? So essentially that means we've paid less than £2m!

Do you think Curtis Davies let slip the release clause figure? I feel like that was an oddly one-horse race for a decent player with a release clause of half his value or less for it to have been common knowledge. :whistle:

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Sold him for £2.5m mate :p Also I think we had a sell on clause but bloody Tottenham decided to keep him while he was at his best like selfish b******s. Means we probably got a bit of the £5m Hull paid for him tho? So essentially that means we've paid less than £2m!

Are you sure? If I remember correctly we were robbed and I believe Peter Gadsby said the Amigos gave him away.

Seriously I don't know if some Rams fans appreciate what a player we have ! He's lime nothing we've had for a long time , I know he's been here before but since he left hes played in the champions league and for England. Top top signing can't wait to see him grace the pp pitch again.

I'm not really sold on this one but welcome back, Tom. You'll get my unwavering support. 

Surely we are moving at least one centre mid out though now? That midfield area looks over-populated to me. 

Fingers crossed by the end of the window we have lightened the load a little. Too much baggage. 

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Are you sure? If I remember correctly we were robbed and I believe Peter Gadsby said the Amigos gave him away.

Cant find original news but this is from a Telegraph article when he got his first contract extension at spurs:

Huddlestone, signed from Derby County for £2.5 million three years ago

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/2304447/Tom-Huddlestone-signs-a-new-Tottenham-deal.html

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Regardless he's back now for roughly the same fee with a bag load more of experience in a well inflated market.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Cant find original news but this is from a Telegraph article when he got his first contract extension at spurs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/2304447/Tom-Huddlestone-signs-a-new-Tottenham-deal.html

I think that was including 'add ons' which for one reason or another didn't happen. Actual fee was around 650k (if memory serves me correctly but I'm sure someone on here will know what went on)

Well pleased to have him back though, he's a touch of class. However we desperately need some pace going forward so get on it please GR so I can stop obsessively checking all the transfer pages every day! 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wasn't it £2.5m if he scored in the European Cup final with both legs tied together.

As one home grown darling (Hughes) leaves another returns!!

Welcome home Tom! Can't wait to see you pull on the shirt again. Convinced this is the move to re-spark your career.

£2.4m, two quality midfield controllers in THud and Thorne can dominate for us. Also, when Thorne is damaged Huddlestone can take up the mantle.

This is a quality, quality signing. Just need to get Lawrence in, maybe take a chance on Watkins (unless there is any hope of Jota) ship out Weimann Olsson Blackman Bent and one of Butterfield or Johnson then we could have a lean, mean squad capable of doing some serious damage next season!!

Archived