Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Ad blocker is quite important to me, so the pop up on this site is a bit of a problem.

I haven't had it pop up on my phone (yet).

All we're asking is to whitelist this forum.

It is a free forum, not asking much just to have a couple of ads showing on each page.

I mean it would be a bigger problem if there was no forum surely?

For what it's worth, I think you're on the legacy ad free from donations years ago. So won't be seeing ads anyway, if the whitelist wouldn't effect you.

10 minutes ago, David said:

All we're asking is to whitelist this forum.

It is a free forum, not asking much just to have a couple of ads showing on each page.

I mean it would be a bigger problem if there was no forum surely?

For what it's worth, I think you're on the legacy ad free from donations years ago. So won't be seeing ads anyway, if the whitelist wouldn't effect you.

There's no question of me not whitelisting the forum. I just don't like adverts and this was always an ad-free oasis.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

There's no question of me not whitelisting the forum. I just don't like adverts and this was always an ad-free oasis.

As I say, I believe you are a legacy as free user for life from donating years ago when the forum was a lot smaller.

I will always honour that.

If you disable your ad blocker, see no ads, then you won't even when whitelisting the site.

On 13/09/2022 at 17:15, David said:

Afraid so. I would like to think we display ads responsibly with only static ads that don't cause a delay in page loading.

No popups, video or anything that makes the page jump about.

We do have server costs to consider and with a large percentage of users now opting to use ad blockers, I have had to take action to help secure the forums future.

As of now there are no plans in place to offer subscriptions, however it's something I am considered as in an ideal world we would not have to rely on advert revenue.

Some of the ads are animated though, with images moving around or scrolling up and down.  It probably doesn't bother most people but I have a form of dyslexia that finds it really annoying.

I appreciate you have server costs to consider and hope you look into an optional ad-free subscription model in the near future ?

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Does anyone else have the problem of continually reducing upload capacity?

Mines gone from a couple of MB down to 1.63kb today.

I see people are posting gifs and images so it can’t be a site wide issue.

You have managed to max out your personal attachment quota on the forum and will need to remove some to free up more space.

https://dcfcfans.uk/attachments/

I can see you have been uploading gifs, these are large files so will quickly fill your quota.

Use the gif button on the editor toolbar instead as this won't use any of your quota as they are pulled from a third party site.

201FE26F-C11D-40EC-9048-E829B6B324BD.jpeg

5 minutes ago, David said:

You have managed to max out your personal attachment quota on the forum and will need to remove some to free up more space.

I can see you have been uploading gifs, these are large files so will quickly fill your quota.

Use the gif button on the editor toolbar instead as this won't use any of your quota as they are pulled from a third party site.

Ahhh so it’s all that poo posting I do!

I’ll start deleting. Thanks @David

On 17/09/2022 at 12:25, David said:

I'd no idea that was even a thing. Fascinating to look back on what I was posting 6 years ago.

Most of mine are from various away matches. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, cstand said:

I have an AD blocker on my phone will this automatically block ads on this forum or when signed in I accept ads automatically?

Not sure I understand the question.

This forum displays ads, they cover the running costs.

If you are using an ad blocker, you now must add this forum URL to the whitelist so the ads show to continue using the forum.

14 minutes ago, David said:

If you are using an ad blocker, you now must add this forum URL to the whitelist so the ads show to continue using the forum.

Not if you want something for nothing?

But we all want a Derby forum don’t we?

Hardly a sacrifice looking at a few Ads is it? Even just for @rynny’s content, it’s got to be worth it.

1 hour ago, David said:

You understood correctly thanks for the reply I understand now and will add the forum URL to the whitelist. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

You give us adverts, and the adverts give us this! Ban this sick filth!

And before anyone says it targeted advertising - I don't own a car so they aren't doing a very good job of targeting me

I think it's based in @i-Ram's comment beneath it about getting "worked up". ?

image.thumb.png.e76bcb2de73130e24ad9f6efd48636f3.png

Buy one of these for your pushbike.

765CB57D-2CE2-42E2-B202-889D795550B8.png

6 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

You give us adverts, and the adverts give us this! Ban this sick filth!

And before anyone says it targeted advertising - I don't own a car so they aren't doing a very good job of targeting me

I think it's based in @i-Ram's comment beneath it about getting "worked up". ?

image.thumb.png.e76bcb2de73130e24ad9f6efd48636f3.png

You should never have had that American Lady stay with you for a week...?

Is anyone else having trouble with quoting other posters? 

I haven't been able to reply to anybody since the weekend as my keyboard keeps disappearing.

I don't know whether it's a keyboard issue or unique to this Forum.

My phone did a major update SaturAday morning so it could be related to that. And yes, I have got

a tacky android phone !

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

And my spacing is all over the place!

If your phone has just updated and it's started, would suggest it's your phone. 

Are you using the default browser or Chrome? If default, try downloading the Chrome browser and see if it's the same using that.

8 minutes ago, David said:

If your phone has just updated and it's started, would suggest it's your phone. 

Are you using the default browser or Chrome? If default, try downloading the Chrome browser and see if it's the same using that.

Default browser.

I'm in chrome now and it appears to be working fine. 

Perhaps I need to use this instead! 

Thanks, David.