Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

Just now, i-Ram said:

How do we distinguish between those who are actually forum legends, and those who have paid to be called that? Asking for a friend.

Easy. Only those that have paid for the privilege to be called a forum legend are real legends, the rest are imposters. 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

How do we distinguish between a forum member, and just a member?  And does "Member+" mean they are a bit of a tool?  

Asking for a very handsome imaginary friend.

Member - Love them

Member + - Love them a bit more

Forum Legend - Love them more than members and member+ but not as much as moderators as they save me from reading all your tosh.

Moderator - Love them loads

So basically if you do stuff for me or give me more money, I’m more likely to like you more.

Hope that clears things up.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Member - Love them

Member + - Love them a bit more

Forum Legend - Love them more than members and member+ but not as much as moderators as they save me from reading all your tosh.

Moderator - Love them loads

So basically if you do stuff for me or give me more money, I’m more likely to like you more.

Hope that clears things up.

Do you love some moderators more than others?

Asking for @DarkFruitsRam7?

... the digital kind.

I log in to this site. Disable all the cookies I don't want monitoring my every move. Browse, post, as one does and then log out. Next time I log in, the damned site asks my cookie preferences again. It would be less bothersome if there was, as there is with many sites, a simple reject all button. There isn't. You have to click all the ones you wish to turn off..... time and time again.

It's getting a right pain in the 'arris.

22 hours ago, MadAmster said:

... the digital kind.

I log in to this site. Disable all the cookies I don't want monitoring my every move. Browse, post, as one does and then log out. Next time I log in, the damned site asks my cookie preferences again. It would be less bothersome if there was, as there is with many sites, a simple reject all button. There isn't. You have to click all the ones you wish to turn off..... time and time again.

It's getting a right pain in the 'arris.

If your browser has block all cookies turned on, simply press consent and no cookies will be stored anyway as your browser would reject it.

There is no way around the pop up not reappearing though when you leave the forum and come back later, to remember what you have requested it needs to store a cookie.

I have seen talk from the government where they are potentially relaxing the cookie consent law, one of those annoying EU laws they passed on us all.

Totally understand why you and others wouldn't want to be tracked online, however I'm not sure I could handle that internet experience where all cookies are blocked!

30 minutes ago, David said:

If your browser has block all cookies turned on, simply press consent and no cookies will be stored anyway as your browser would reject it.

There is no way around the pop up not reappearing though when you leave the forum and come back later, to remember what you have requested it needs to store a cookie.

I have seen talk from the government where they are potentially relaxing the cookie consent law, one of those annoying EU laws they passed on us all.

Totally understand why you and others wouldn't want to be tracked online, however I'm not sure I could handle that internet experience where all cookies are blocked!

I live in the Netherlands so those Laws still apply to me...

Just now, MadAmster said:

I live in the Netherlands so those Laws still apply to me...

They would, however as this site is UK based and targets UK audience, if law rule was to be removed, we could remove the cookie consent pop up all together.

Has to be a better way.

Cookie consent, dismiss

Subscribe for 10% off, dismiss

Join now for exclusive perks, dismiss

Playing whack a mole with popups on every site these days.