Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

Things to try, check to see if it works after each step.

1) Close all Safari tabs, force close the app in multi tasking, reopening.

2) Hard reboot phone, up volume, down volume, hold power button until Apple logo appears.

3) Clear Safari cache in settings.

Use iPhone and iPad myself, no issues at all, if the above does not work, thinking you may have turned on some accessibility setting maybe that's triggered needed to double press?

5 minutes ago, David said:

Things to try, check to see if it works after each step.

1) Close all Safari tabs, force close the app in multi tasking, reopening.

2) Hard reboot phone, up volume, down volume, hold power button until Apple logo appears.

3) Clear Safari cache in settings.

Use iPhone and iPad myself, no issues at all, if the above does not work, thinking you may have turned on some accessibility setting maybe that's triggered needed to double press?

sorry David, not a double click, just a touch/click, then nothing, then another touch and fine. Can be a delay in between the two taps.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

sorry David, not a double click, just a touch/click, then nothing, then another touch and fine. Can be a delay in between the two taps.

Sounds like it's something wonky in your cache.

Before all the above, just try opening the forum in a private browser window as that will be cache and cookie free.

On 24/01/2023 at 20:27, Mostyn6 said:

Has anyone noticed on a touchscreen phone or tablet that you have to touch the link twice?

I generally use chrome on lap top.  All good there.

Just recently started to use chrome when on iphone (instead of Safari), and more often than not, it needs that second touch.  Appears to be just on this forum, but too early to confirm that's the case.
Not quite a dealbreaker, and I'll try to persevere with it (Chrome on iphone), (rather than return to safari), but I'll check out the cache thing that's been mentioned, and see if I can improve things. 

39 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I generally use chrome on lap top.  All good there.

Just recently started to use chrome when on iphone (instead of Safari), and more often than not, it needs that second touch.  Appears to be just on this forum, but too early to confirm that's the case.
Not quite a dealbreaker, and I'll try to persevere with it (Chrome on iphone), (rather than return to safari), but I'll check out the cache thing that's been mentioned, and see if I can improve things. 

Cleared the cache on iphone... in both safari and chrome.

Entered this website on iphone via chrome (needing to sign in again).

I'd say there's an improvement, but not every click works first time.  Maybe 30-40% need a second touch.  Same on a camping forum I go on.  However, BBC Sport seems to work first touch, every time.

Like I say, not a dealbreaker, and keen to carry on using chrome on iphone (as I do without problem on laptop).