Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

17 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Dave i cant upload anything to the forum mate, i have checked my storage space and thats ok, tried it on PC and Ipad, three different browsers emptied cache, so problem is at your end are you aware of it ? cant post a screen shot but it says "Sorry, an unknown server error occurred when uploading this file.

(Error code: -200)"

also cant send PMs as it says unable to recieve messages ?

im sure you are aware from posts above ! cheers

Yes, we are aware of the image issue and awaiting a fix from the server support team. It’s beyond our control.

As for the PM issue, the person you are sending one to may have disabled their inbox or it’s full and they need to clear some space to receive more.

1 hour ago, David said:

Yes, we are aware of the image issue and awaiting a fix from the server support team. It’s beyond our control.

As for the PM issue, the person you are sending one to may have disabled their inbox or it’s full and they need to clear some space to receive more.

thats funny dave as it was you ???? but saying that i tried to send one to myself also to test it and it said i wasnt able to receive messages aswell

4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

thats funny dave as it was you ???? but saying that i tried to send one to myself also to test it and it said i wasnt able to receive messages aswell

I have been receiving them fine, so not sure why you wouldn’t be able to send one. I will look into it

@loweman2 With regards to the private message issue, are you replying to an old PM conversation we had, or trying to open a new one?

I had a mass clear out and removed all mine recently as I had hundreds in there, so if you was to reply to any previous PM we had that maybe why.

I just sent you one now, went through fine. 

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

I had the same message when I tried to send a pm a couple of weeks back. Turns out it was because I was putting the @ before the username.

That's what @loweman2 was doing as well, took me too long to figure out ?

13 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Sorry, meant to say earlier but I couldn't at the time and then I forgot until I saw that you had answered ?

Thanks!

Proper stumped me it did, thought he might think I've blocked him or something.

Tbf, it's something I might raise with the software developers as you use the @ to mention someone so I get the thought process that would go on to add it there.

Maybe they should allow both to be used, with and without. 

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Did you force ads on the site now?  I get a popup that remains unless I disable my adblocker.  I'm pathologically averse to sites with adverts blinking at me!

Any chance we can have a subscription ad free experience?

Afraid so. I would like to think we display ads responsibly with only static ads that don't cause a delay in page loading.

No popups, video or anything that makes the page jump about.

We do have server costs to consider and with a large percentage of users now opting to use ad blockers, I have had to take action to help secure the forums future.

As of now there are no plans in place to offer subscriptions, however it's something I am considered as in an ideal world we would not have to rely on advert revenue.

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Did you force ads on the site now?  I get a popup that remains unless I disable my adblocker.  I'm pathologically averse to sites with adverts blinking at me!

Any chance we can have a subscription ad free experience?

Ad blocker is quite important to me, so the pop up on this site is a bit of a problem.

I haven't had it pop up on my phone (yet).