Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Jeez some of you lot need to breathe before you burst a blood vessel! 

Do you really, honestly think Mels not got Rowett already signed, sealed and delivered ready to take over?! It's absolutely abundantly clear that Mel thinks he's the man long term to take us forward, no way he's sacked Mcclaren on a whim, it's because he wants Rowett. 

Also confirms it more in my mind because Powells also gone, if we were looking to utilise a stand in coach until the end of the season he would be the guy, or Wassall, neither had been confirmed just that "new manager will be announced in the next few days" = someone's already got the job = Rowett 

shrewd move, great young manager with hunger and ambition, gets his teams playing with hard work and passion

If he'd wanted Rowett he could have had him any time in the last 2 years... Why now? Just seems like a whim... 

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Do you really, honestly think Mels not got Rowett already signed, sealed and delivered ready to take over?! It's absolutely abundantly clear that Mel thinks he's the man long term to take us forward, no way he's sacked Mcclaren on a whim, it's because he wants Rowett. 

Also confirms it more in my mind because Powells also gone, if we were looking to utilise a stand in coach until the end of the season he would be the guy, or Wassall, neither had been confirmed just that "new manager will be announced in the next few days" = someone's already got the job = Rowett 

shrewd move, great young manager with hunger and ambition, gets his teams playing with hard work and passion

It could well be Rowett, but why is it absolutely abundantly clear? If we want Rowett that much we'd have paid the compensation and got him when we hired Pearson, no? Or why not when we got Mac back?

Totally do not know what to say really.......getting a manager will not be a problem....getting a good one maybe harder ...can see the conversation now 'would you like the job off Derby County manager bearing in mind you have less than six months to turn us into a championship winning team that plays football on the same level has Barca and Real Madrid or be sacked ...ohhh by the way you have to use the bunch of useless,spineless players we have now.

If Rowett comes in, I'll be fairly happy. He was my first choice before Mac came back.

That said, McClaren's hardly been given a fair crack. I would like to have seen him given the summer and see what he did with getting players that matched his system along with Martin/Thorne. Perhaps if morale is so low, and morris has someone lined up it's not the worse thing. The fact that this has happened to the last 3 managers in a similar time frame suggests that the "off the field" reasons given for Pearson's and Clement's departures was a bit of a smokescreen. 

This has been a season to forget for a number of reasons. All the best to Steve and I still can't thank him enough for 13/14

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Going to be bloody meltdown if it turns out to be someone like Ranieri instead.

4 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Truly thought he'd be given the forest game at the least..

but the football has been dire the last few weeks and can understand it to a degree.

hope Mel gets the next one right...

Top Tip of the day -

Save time in the future by copying this post, and just hit post every 3 months or so.

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

"We are less concerned about time scales than about getting things right".

You can **** right off, that will be 4 permanent managers in 2 years you two-faced, egomaniac ****.

If I could like this 500 times, I would.

Mel Morris has been the worst thing to happen to our club since our Premier League season.

Just now, Mick Brolly said:

How the **** has Mel become a successful business man when he keeps making the wrong decision over and over EMBARRASSING to say the least , who's next for the sack after a few defeats , we can't keep changing manager !

He invests in businesses.

in other words.....he's a gambler.

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

9 games if a fair amount, new manager in before Forest they've said. 

Where have they said that?

Their official announcement says "The club expects to make an announcement in relation to Steve’s successor in the next few days." That could mean anything including Wassall until the end of the season.

Before you criticise Mel you have to take a step back. Every decision he makes is, in his opinion, the best for the club. He never makes a decision that isn't for the best of the club. 

Playing devils advocate, we're up to 6th in the league, Mel backs McClaren in January (Hughes, Martin big contracts + Nugent & de sart) regardless of whether these are right or wrong they are significant financial outlays. Rather than kick on or even maintain the form/ keep some sort of half decent form going we've gone backwards. Not one fan has been happy with performances since Christmas (bar Leicester at home). 

Id have given MAC until this time next year to see where we are but then again I've not poured millions of my hard earned fortune into the club.

Archived