Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Where have they said that?

Their official announcement says "The club expects to make an announcement in relation to Steve’s successor in the next few days." That could mean anything including Wassall until the end of the season.

If that's the case then obviously they won't get 9 games.

But if it is officially a new manager they'll get 9 games because it will be before the Forest game. 

I'm fairly certain if it was going to be Wassall until the end of the season again we wouldn't have bothered sacking Mac.

Glad the wallys gone but unfortunately the next manager has got these bottle job players to contend with, Pearson couldn't, mclaren did then lost the plot again, next manager needs an overhaul and time, but that will mean more time on progression in the championship and bull talk to please us fans 

we are a joke and Mel needs to look at himself and them around him if the next one fails 

Wasn't in favour of McClaren coming back but this is a very harsh decision. 

The only way this can be justified is if Morris believes he has a better alternative waiting in the wings to take over now (not the summer) & gives him time...that being 2 years minimum, not 6 months. Appreciate that last bit might seem a little fanciful for some of you this evening.

23 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Mel has seen what most of us have seen ... 

Only the blinkered on here who refuse to see are annoyed with this . 

blinkered is blaming manager after manager when it's the players screwing us over!

15 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Get Gary Rowett in , give him time to get rid of the wage thiefs and get his own players in in the summer 

Why does Rowett deserve that chance when McClaren didn't?

32 minutes ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

Better to do it now than at the end of the season. They clearly weren't playing for him anymore and at least the next manager has the rest of this season plus preseason to hopefully work some magic.

What if they don't want to play for the next manager 

25 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

Don't agree with this and I'm no Steve Mac fan. Gary rowett is the obvious choice but do you really want to work for such a trigger happy chairman. Don't get me wrong Mel has done a lot for the club but Mel if you're reading this you've got to give a manager time 

What exactly has he done? If you were to judge him with the same criteria he judges his managers, you can't say he's done a lot for the club. 

Since his arrival, we're lower down the table with a less cohesive squad and we've gone from being an admired and respected club to one that is ridiculed and generally despised for being silly with money. 

13 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Before you criticise Mel you have to take a step back. Every decision he makes is, in his opinion, the best for the club. He never makes a decision that isn't for the best of the club. 

Playing devils advocate, we're up to 6th in the league, Mel backs McClaren in January (Hughes, Martin big contracts + Nugent & de sart) regardless of whether these are right or wrong they are significant financial outlays. Rather than kick on or even maintain the form/ keep some sort of half decent form going we've gone backwards. Not one fan has been happy with performances since Christmas (bar Leicester at home). 

Id have given MAC until this time next year to see where we are but then again I've not poured millions of my hard earned fortune into the club.

Oh come on! Do you really think this constant chopping and changing is good for the stability of our club? Morris is a lunatic who is humiliating us season in, season out. And I'm sick of hearing about his 'hard earned fortune' being poured into our club. I honestly wish he had never shown up - he's has been a total disaster for this club and I pray that sooner rather than later he will take his money and **** off back to Candy Crush land. 

Archived