Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Aye nae bother , funny when wassall played him we were a far better team , Paul clement had him in first 11 so did Pearson , if de sart and buttefiekd are better than will Hughes and Craig Bryson it makes me wonder if I'm watching the right sport for me , I said on Friday that would be his last team selection thankfully I've been proved correct 

No De Sart & Butterfield are dreadful but so is modern day Bryson. He doesn't offer anything going forward anymore and he never seems to be there when the opposition is in and around our box. All three are a waste of a space in the team. And Hughes has been of their standard in the last two months as well

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Before you criticise Mel you have to take a step back. Every decision he makes is, in his opinion, the best for the club. He never makes a decision that isn't for the best of the club.

There's a difference between making decisions because you think they're the best thing for the club, and them actually being the best thing for the club. As an outsider looking in some of the dismissals at your club have looked ridiculously premature, you can't expect a manager to turn a squad of perennial bottlers into a Premier League team if you're only willing to give them half a season at most. Sacking a couple of managers a year and having no consistent approach in terms of recruiting them is a recipe for disaster whether the person doing it thinks it's in the interests of the club or not.

Just now, HuddersRam said:

No De Sart & Butterfield are dreadful but so is modern day Bryson. He doesn't offer anything going forward anymore and he never seems to be there when the opposition is in and around our box. All three are a waste of a space in the team. And Hughes has been of their standard in the last two months as well

I wonder why ? U will see the best of them starting Saturday 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He was on a short leash to begin with give his history of constant bottle and failure. Leash has been cut good and proper and now we actually might get a reaction and pummel Forest. Onwards and upwards. Hopefully Mel will do it right now and get a real Rangnick-esque footballing director and manager who can blood the youth and shape our whole footballing philosophy. We had no future with mcclaren.

Dream on - the chairman is a moron. While he remains at this club it is going to continue to go backwards. 

6 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

Glad I didn't waste my money on renewing season tickets.

DNA ? Derby Not Anymore for me.

Come on Tel, this is us, this is what we do. We fook things up, it's the Derby Way always has been.

We don't buy into glory, we buy into pain. We are masters of foot shooting, people can only look on in envy. World leaders.

PistoldPete2

Can't argue with this decision. 

Looks like hey have someone lined up ... Rowett , warburton or Alex Neil maybe. 

Just now, valleyram said:

Alpha it wasn't because of him that I can tell you 

just shows how unprofessional Bryson is then if you know he doesn't perform cos he doesn't like the manager. He should be the first one booted out of the club for mugging the fans off.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So now that you've got your way (not suggesting you influenced the decision by the way) you want us all to pull together.

How about those of us that think we should have all been pulling together with McClaren in charge?

I meant the players, staff, board etc- we need a clear vision going into the summer so we can be as best prepared for the upcoming season as possible to give us the best chance of promotion.

Clearly this sacking is going to split opinion, don't get me wrong I think it's harsh on mcclaren as he's had little time, but for the long term interests of the club we need the right man in charge in the summer and im not convinced mcclaren is that man

Archived