Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stupid, reactionary decision. This side wasn't his, even the players here before weren't the same now as they were then. Look at our position and you'd have taken it when he took over. Now we've thrown a paddy because the squad was naff for ten games? A squad which is inherently naff in the first place due to the huge gaps/missing players? Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. 

Warburton or Rowett to save this mess, preferably Rowett now given Warburton seems off to Forest. He should reject us after this if he has any sense, it's Birmingham all over again. 

Apparently we have ten game windows in which if you fail you're sacked, regardless of what came before. Modern management.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I feel sick to my stomach. Idiots. McClaren deserved at least the whole of next season

No he didn't. The man made me sick to my stomach with his zero tactics, man mismanagement and feeble excuses. This is Derby, and we don't deserve a donkey manager. Good riddance. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

blinkered is blaming manager after manager when it's the players screwing us over!

Why does Rowett deserve that chance when McClaren didn't?

Cause he's useless , anyone who plays de sart n butterfield before Hughes and Bryson deserves the sack for that alone 

Just now, Ninos said:

No he didn't. The man made me sick to my stomach with his zero tactics, man mismanagement and feeble excuses. This is Derby, and we don't deserve a donkey manager. Good riddance. 

Ninos, we could have pep Guardiola but our players would find away of getting him sacked some way 

If we appoint an interim like wassell until the end of the season then this is madness. If we bring in someone to see out the rest of the season to get a good understanding of who needs clearing out and what the plans are for summer then this is the best plan.

with the performances and results declining this was inevitable. couple that with some of the team selections, subs and decissions and you have to wonder what Mac was thinking.

Said all along that Morris was dangerous.. The reappointment was a mistake, the sacking probably not.

He backed himself and the club into a corner over Mac.. I posted previously that I would not be disappointed if he went or stayed but can't see chopping and changing working. Keep Mac and that was a wrong decision, get rid and that is a bad decision in some respects.

So Morris, now YOU have to get this right. YOUR next appointment must work or no amount spin is going to make your position recoverable..

Just don't know what to think about our club at the moment.. 

He was on a short leash to begin with give his history of constant bottle and failure. Leash has been cut good and proper and now we actually might get a reaction and pummel Forest. Onwards and upwards. Hopefully Mel will do it right now and get a real Rangnick-esque footballing director and manager who can blood the youth and shape our whole footballing philosophy. We had no future with mcclaren.

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Good call on getting rid of him now, looks like we've got the next permanent manager lined up before the end of this week to. Sad to see Powell go but glad to see the back of Evans. Need to all pull together now and prepare a massive push for next season, the right men need to be identified and brought in in all roles quickly to allow us to identify exactly what needs to be done for next season. Need to start to intergrate a new formation and figure out what players are needed where, this summer is key

So now that you've got your way (not suggesting you influenced the decision by the way) you want us all to pull together.

How about those of us that think we should have all been pulling together with McClaren in charge?

35 minutes ago, Pearson said:

I know a lot of Derby fans will be disappointed but this is definitely in our best interests.

He was/is an excellent coach but he is not a manager and never will be. In fact he was totally inept, tactically incompetent and a poor motivator.

I wish him no malice but am absolutely over the moon.

Mr Rowett or Mr Warburton please :-))

Spot on Mr P, however I do think having a driven sarge next to him would sort it out He had Simmo last time .

Chrissie and Kev P are too nice!!

I believe this is the 6th time he's been sacked plus two times resigned. Probably the right move for me. He'd plainly lost it but it does look bad for the club with so many sackings

Archived