Mac Sacked

LeedsRam1999

McClaren Sacking  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think our best bet for promotion next season would've been to back McClaren over the summer and let him bring in the players needed for his 4-3-3 style and hopefully we'd have a season of being predictable but fairy unbeatable.

I'm not against this decision though - as long as Mel realises that a new manager usually means a longer term project - far less chance of instant success than with Mac. If it's Rowett, he'll need time.

He doesn't realise that does he?

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

just shows how unprofessional Bryson is then if you know he doesn't perform cos he doesn't like the manager. He should be the first one booted out of the club for mugging the fans off.

There is no one more professional than Craig Bryson , that I do know see if some of the other players had the same attitude and work rate as him Mel wouldn't have to sack a manager every 10 games , the man was clueless no man management skills and every time he's been in charge of a club who are struggling he can't turn it around 

Without the chairman we would a regular bottom eight team but the manager roulette continues let's hope we get it right but the display against Brighton was so inept in every way and was building up to something 

hardly anyone would have picked that starting team based on who was available and as for getting the players to do the most basic of things was worrying and getting caught out laughing whilst looking crap doesn't help either

Just now, Sparkle said:

Without the chairman we would a regular bottom eight team but the manager roulette continues let's hope we get it right but the display against Brighton was so inept in every way and was building up to something 

hardly anyone would have picked that starting team based on who was available and as for getting the players to do the most basic of things was worrying and getting caught out laughing whilst looking crap doesn't help either

Just voted Maxit! 

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I meant the players, staff, board etc- we need a clear vision going into the summer so we can be as best prepared for the upcoming season as possible to give us the best chance of promotion.

Clearly this sacking is going to split opinion, don't get me wrong I think it's harsh on mcclaren as he's had little time, but for the long term interests of the club we need the right man in charge in the summer and im not convinced mcclaren is that man

So who is in your erudite opinion? You've been desperate to get shot since day one so doubtless you've got it all osrted in your head so pray do share...

2 minutes ago, valleyram said:

There is no one more professional than Craig Bryson , that I do know see if some of the other players had the same attitude and work rate as him Mel wouldn't have to sack a manager every 10 games , the man was clueless no man management skills and every time he's been in charge of a club who are struggling he can't turn it around 

you've just told us that he doesn't play for McClaren. that's not professional at all.

4 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

MM you made BIG mistake on this one and why don't you SACKED some of the players? 

No he didn't. Given all the flack this was a brave move by Mel. He needs to redefine the Derby Way and go back to the whole footballing philosophy approach. We have a bloated squad of overpaid mediocrity and a new visionary man needs to come in and stick with the Derby plan. If it's true that all the scouts have gone that's good too!

The most upset group right now are forest fans who will know what an albatross manager we just axed.

Time will tell. On the face of it looks harsh, but he was looking short of ideas to turn it around in the short term ( and presumably in MMs view, the long term). Interesting references to 'morale' and 'unity' in the statement. Could be a smokescreen. The manager has a job to get the best out of his players. Was McLaren doing that?

6 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Alpha it wasn't because of him that I can tell you 

Well it came from nowhere and hasn't been seen before or after. 

Our fans screamed for Nigel Pearson. "He'd have this team up by now". Nigel Pearson was abysmal. McClaren lifted this club up twice. Twice improving the team from what it was before he arrived.

These are facts. They are. 

Like everyone calling for Rowett... Mac's win percentage at Derby this season is higher than Rowett's at either Burton or Birmingham

Just now, Alpha said:

Well it came from nowhere and hasn't been seen before or after. 

Our fans screamed for Nigel Pearson. "He'd have this team up by now". Nigel Pearson was abysmal. McClaren lifted this club up twice. Twice improving the team from what it was before he arrived.

These are facts. They are. 

Like everyone calling for Rowett... Mac's win percentage at Derby this season is higher than Rowett's at either Burton or Birmingham

Well to be fair alpha derby are better than those teams so win percentages will be higher.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

So who is in your erudite opinion? You've been desperate to get shot since day one so doubtless you've got it all osrted in your head so pray do share...

Right now I'm not sure, I'd have put an interim in charge until the summer and decided then based on who's available, but it doesn't look like we're hanging around which if we get the right man is probably better, gives him more time to make decisions. Out of who's available now, I'd probably back warburton the most however.

Archived