Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

as far as i am concerned fulham have done nothing wrong at any stage.

they brokered a deal in good faith and just wanted to stick to the agreement.

Why didn't they sign him on a permanent deal? They tried to get him on the cheap, then bleating to the media when it didn't work. TSB. Tough **** Baby.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And his new wages, hopefully.

They've bought it on themselves - tight gits should have signed him, but no they wanted 'try before you buy'. Could have signed him in this window - Chrissy said he just wanted his contract sorted, but didn't say with who! Absolute w@nkers, they're the ones who haven't played the game - normally when a loan player wants to go back to their parent club it's all agreed. Not them barstewards. Ha! Always good to have another club to hate! Foook off Fulham!

Chrissy Martin is a Ram, he hates Fulham.

Try before you buy.

Like we did with Thorne and Ince?

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

So we have gave a declining player a pay rise and a longer contract even though he clearly wouldn't cut it in the prem :ph34r:

We're not in the Prem yet mate. We played Leicester last night but that was a cup game. Easy mistake to make ;)

There is also no evidence that he wouldn't make it there anyway, and he's not declining at all.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Reacting to the news, Derby boss McClaren said: “We are delighted that Chris Martin has decided to commit his long-term future to Derby County by signing this new contract. 

“Chris is currently with Fulham, a decision made by the previous manager, but everyone knows that I rate Chris very highly indeed and fortunately we ensured the deal was only temporary. 

“I know how much Chrissie loves Derby and therefore, I am really pleased that he has accepted the offer to extend his deal with the club until the summer of 2020. 

“I look forward to working with him again once he returns to the club.”

After penning his new deal, Martin said: “I really am excited and happy to be signing this new contract with Derby County. 

“At the start of this season I was not in the previous manager’s plans, which is a decision that I completely understood and respected. 

“As a result I had the opportunity to move to Fulham on loan, which gave me the chance to play first-team football elsewhere. 

“I am thankful that the board only allowed the move on a temporary basis, because I really didn’t want to leave Derby and my family is settled in the area too. 

“Derby County is a fantastic club with so many things going for it and driven desire to reach the Premier League. I am very happy that the club and the manager see me as part of the long-term future. I am committed to being as successful as I possibly can be with Derby County. 

“I enjoyed playing under Steve McClaren in the past and I feel that he got the best out of me, so I look forward to doing so as soon as possible.”

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/chris-martin-signs-new-contract-with-derby-county-3541968.aspx#UIhCx5T3CApLbiH4.99

Hail Mary, mother of God, blessed are thou, amongst women...

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

So we have gave a declining player a pay rise and a longer contract even though he clearly wouldn't cut it in the prem :ph34r:

This must be really painfully for the anti-Martin brigade. He might not be as effective in the PL as he is in the Championship- I don't know if he will but then neither do you so don't make out as if it's fact - it isn't! Meanwhile, if we do make it, then the natural progression will be that players that helped us get there will be replaced by better ones (Martin included).

21 minutes ago, RamNut said:

as far as i am concerned fulham have done nothing wrong at any stage.

they brokered a deal in good faith and just wanted to stick to the agreement.

The issue is when Martin wanted to return. If he wasn't happy why try to force him to stay. I think being away from his family at Christmas has had a big say in this.

Will Fulham really want to pay another £1.5m plus £30k per week to keep a player, who doesn't want to be there, for another 19 games? I highly doubt it.

Welcome home Chrissy!

FKINNNNNNN YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Having just signed a top quality midfielder in Hughes - arguably the best in our division, we've just done the same for the striker position. Brilliant business for the January transfer window. Anything else is a bonus. (and that includes Martin playing for us this season.)

Anyone who thinks Martin is anything less than an outstanding championship target man is a bellend.

6 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Having just signed a top quality midfielder in Hughes - arguably the best in our division, we've just done the same for the striker position. Brilliant business for the January transfer window. Anything else is a bonus. (and that includes Martin playing for us this season.)

Anyone who thinks Martin is anything less than an outstanding championship target man is a bellend.

out of likes but the final sentence is top notch! 

3 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

So I was a trifle bellend at the start of the season. Sorry but it was brought about by a temporary madness called Nigel Pearson. 

28 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Yeah but his name is Chris Martin.. Apparently it's 2014 again and Bryson is all of a sudden going to become a world beater again.. Hendrick will resign soon and I would not be surprised to see Eric Steele around Moor Farm in the next week or two.

Some of the posts on here are laughable.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah but his name is Chris Martin.. Apparently it's 2014 again and Bryson is all of a sudden going to become a world beater again.. Hendrick will resign soon and I would not be surprised to see Eric Steele around Moor Farm in the next week or two.

Some of the posts on here are laughable.

Yes but he will help get us to the prem

Horses for courses

Archived