Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Worked out alright for him hasn't it?

Kicks up a fuss at Fulham, goes on strike and then we reward him with a nice new contract. We should have moved on. We'd be livid if someone did this to us.

Fulham gave him a chance to play first team football, he need's to show them respect.

I'd take them grapes back to the shop if I was you - they seem a touch sour!

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't overly see why some have a major issue with this and it being so called dirty tactics. Martin was loaned to Fulham with the option to buy. In that time McClaren has returned and wants a player back, that player wants to be back here. Are we not allowed to offer our own players new contracts? Do it all the time with youth players out on loan. This is just trying to undo all the rubbish Pearson did. Martin could have not signed it and said yes to Fulham...

11 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Well well well, Sam Rush you devious little so and so! Make no mistake, this was an absolutely deliberate tactic, two finger salute to Fulham and Jokanovic. Basically we've played some dirty underhand tactics, almost game of thrones style by getting Chris to pen a new deal and publicise it straight away, get the Fulham fans to turn on Martin, they may now have no choice but to send him back. 

also, I wouldnt be at all surprised if the clubs had a word with Martin and advised him what to say, Martin is basically saying I couldn't give a flying f**k about Fulham, I love Derby and you can suck my Black and white testicles. 

Dirty and sly, but bloody genius.  

'I love Derby and you can suck my black and white testicles'.  That's the best quote ever and it might even be my new tattoo.  

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

WE are the ones stamping our feet and not realising what we had until it was gone, not the other way around. Arguably the 'injury' might raise certain questions, but other than that potentially he's done nothing wrong.

This smacks of a fan jumping on any excuse to tut and complain about 'the state of the modern game'. In the next few lines, you've decided to:

• Accuse a man of 'stamping his feet', comparing him to the behaviour of a child
  • Complain about the 'sad' state of the game
  • Accuse YOUR football club of collective arrogance
  • Not so subtly hint that you don't believe this is a good deal
  • Not so subtly hint that this will affect our future negotiations with other clubs

All sandwiched between empty sentiments of 'supporting whoever plays in the shirt'. You can say that all you like, your own foot stamping post-decision shows otherwise. If you really intended to support him and the club, you wouldn't make a post like this.

Stand by what I say...... I'm not happy with the way this has happened. I'm not particularly proud of the way Derby County have handled all of this......

But however I'll continue to support the club I love through thick and thin..... I won't however be blinkered or put my rose tinted specs on because I do think personally.... many don't like yourself..... that Derby have been very shall we say..... sneaky with all of this. 

Personally don't think it'll all work out myself..... but like I've said many many times before..... I'll put my hands up and admit I'm wrong if it all does work out.

Mind, if it don't then I'd imagine the cheerleaders for all this will be keeping schtum, and shouting from the roof tops "I told you so" if it does. Way of the world unfortunately.

Smacks of arrogance and indecency. 

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I like Chris Martin, and would love to see him back.

However, this is a poor move, totally lacking in class or respect for a fellow professional rival.

The management were happy enough to loan him on a season long deal, but now act like a spoilt toddler when Fulham refuse to reverse the deal agreed. 

Quoting the player himself in the statement is plain stupid, putting Martin in an impossible situation, with Fulham fans already discussing how to abuse him properly.

Some may see this as a example of Sam Rush's macheivellian brilliance, but for me at least, it's another pointer that he's actually a bit of a cnut.

Yes, but he's our cnut. 

19 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Calling @wixman1884. This is your opportunity for the greatest photoshop this forum has ever seen. What this photo absolutely must have is the following.

- A train, preferably named "the Chris Martin Express"

- Chrissy poking his head out of the window of said train

- Jokanovic waving it off as the train conductor, at Fulham Rail Station.

You will be guaranteed at least one like from yours truly. Definitely worth it.

Christ! That's ambitious. I'm just making breakfast but I might have a crack at this in an hour or two.

Over the moon today btw. CHRISSY MARTIN IS A RAM

Just now, wixman1884 said:

Christ! That's ambitious. I'm just making breakfast but I might have a crack at this in an hour or two.

Over the moon today btw. CHRISSY MARTIN IS A RAM

Greatness is never going to be easy my friend.

18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I like Chris Martin, and would love to see him back.

However, this is a poor move, totally lacking in class or respect for a fellow professional rival.

The management were happy enough to loan him on a season long deal, but now act like a spoilt toddler when Fulham refuse to reverse the deal agreed. 

Quoting the player himself in the statement is plain stupid, putting Martin in an impossible situation, with Fulham fans already discussing how to abuse him properly.

Some may see this as a example of Sam Rush's macheivellian brilliance, but for me at least, it's another pointer that he's actually a bit of a cnut.

Better than losing Commons for £300,000. Hulse for £750,000. Missing out on Mackie and Hooper. 

We're the bullies now. Enjoy it!

Archived