Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Hmmmmm. Whilst I'll support whoever plays in the shirt......

This smacks of a footballer realising grass is greener where he was.... stamp your feet and you'll get your own way eventually.

Sad times we live in the world of football nowadays.

Really not happy how we as a club conducted this. Smacks of arrogance for me.

Hey ho, I'll support whoever plays in the shirt.... Time will tell whether this was good business.

One things for sure...... think some teams will be wary of dealing with us in the future now. 

drama queen.jpg

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not at all.

reading between the lines it sounds as though we engineered that it was initially temporary, but they may have an option for an already agreed permanent deal.

our mess.

Which lines? Quote them!

Never heard that we wanted it to be temp before - NP wanted rid!

22 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Did he get us up before? Did I miss something?

Even with the best Derby team I have seen in years, we did not go up. I just don't get this do what we did before mentality..

It failed then, as someone mentioned before he is in decline.. Perhaps a miracle of biblical proportions will happen.. I really hope so.

Last season people were saying he can't score without service... What has changed.. Steve Mac? I ain't seen he has changed much on that front. I saw some absolutely shocking displays from him last season. He was stale, arrogant and average.

And yet he still managed to score 15 goals, set-up another 12 and created more chances from open play than any other player in the division!

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Am I right in assuming that if a door needs a new hinge, you would prefer to knock the entire house down and start again?

Unfortunately it needs more than a new hinge. It opens and closes. But it does creak and it doesn't add financial value to my house. It's fine for now but as it degrades it's costing more then what it's worth.

I'm sure there's nicer doors available one that will add value and make the house stand out.  So no I wouldn't knock the house down I would just look to get a better door :lol:

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

Someone did mention he was in decline but failed to back it up with any statistical evidence. To the contrary, he's a player in form and scoring for a team he doesn't want to be with. Hopefully that form continues when he's back where belongs and more importantly wants to be. The sooner the better in my eyes. It's  fair to say we did fail but we did come within a whisker of making it. Don't see any reason why we can't go that one step further. Ultimately that is what we all want. I for one wouldn't have any issue with that happening with a player I disliked in the team. All that matters is achieving that goal. COYR. 

What was it 16 goals last season, 20 or so the season before.. Anyway it was his general play that was of more concern.. 

This squad is nowhere near as strong as that one.. Thanks Mel.. So do we get all those players back? We should have tweaked THAT squad but those days are gone.

If he comes back this season, he will be frustrated as we are not supplying the striker well enough. I feel sorry for Bent on occasions but at least he keeps positive.. Martin... Forget it.

20 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Well said.

Something I quote many times but as Einstein said the definition of insanity is trying the same thing time and time again and expecting different results.

Load of poppycock. Have you not realised some of the players we now have are not the same as those we had 2 or 3 seasons ago? Middlesboro' played using basically the same squad but with a couple of additions and did eventually get promoted. We may or may not do likewise but to say nothing has changed is clearly not true!

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

Unfortunately it needs more than a new hinge. It opens and closes. But it does creak and it doesn't add financial value to my house. It's fine for now but as it degrades it's costing more then what it's worth.

I'm sure there's nicer doors available one that will add value and make the house stand out.  So no I wouldn't knock the house down I would just look to get a better door :lol:

What about Hughes? We've failed to get promotion with him in the team. And Thorne, and Ince, and Bryson, and Russell, and Keogh.

Why is it Martin's fault alone?

16 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But his goal scoring record is in decline or are you in denial?

He's scored 9 in 19 for Fulham so if that rate continued through to a full season in the Championship then he'd finish with 22 goals. 

If that's a measure of a player in decline then all I can say is "bring it on".

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What was it 16 goals last season, 20 or so the season before.. Anyway it was his general play that was of more concern.. 

This squad is nowhere near as strong as that one.. Thanks Mel.. So do we get all those players back? We should have tweaked THAT squad but those days are gone.

If he comes back this season, he will be frustrated as we are not supplying the striker well enough. I feel sorry for Bent on occasions but at least he keeps positive.. Martin... Forget it.

We obviously will never agree on CM but I do get where you're coming from. Any striker on the planet would get frustrated with lack of chances we are creating this season. It's a major concern. My hope is CMs link up play goes a long way to solving this problem. Only time will tell if that's the case. 

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

That's taking missing the metaphor to a new level.

If the hinge doesn't work, then the hinge doesn't work.  Non-creaking hinges adding value? Really? Mind you I suppose it indicates why you have the stance you have on CM9.

36 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Did he get us up before? Did I miss something?

Even with the best Derby team I have seen in years, we did not go up. I just don't get this do what we did before mentality..

It failed then, as someone mentioned before he is in decline.. Perhaps a miracle of biblical proportions will happen.. I really hope so.

Last season people were saying he can't score without service... What has changed.. Steve Mac? I ain't seen he has changed much on that front. I saw some absolutely shocking displays from him last season. He was stale, arrogant and average.

He has scored consistently for us.

If we had him from start of the season we would be in top 3 now with his goal average 

Name who else would do a similar job or better in our 4-3-3 

Bad move, he had 3 seasons to get us in the prem, Failed. Arrogant, lazy and only interested in Derby cos his wife settled in the area with the kids. Should have sold to Fulham while he is doing well for them and bought a more exciting footballer like Jorden Ibe. Another season built around Martin guarantees you more Championship football and increased sales of chewing gum in Duffield. ☹️

7 minutes ago, BartyRamsfan1969 said:

Bad move, he had 3 seasons to get us in the prem, Failed. Arrogant, lazy and only interested in Derby cos his wife settled in the area with the kids. Should have sold to Fulham while he is doing well for them and bought a more exciting footballer like Jorden Ibe. Another season built around Martin guarantees you more Championship football and increased sales of chewing gum in Duffield. ☹️

hiya angry,pissed up fulham fan...or covert anti martin fan under a new name(daveo will ban you,you do know that?}

not very subtle though mate....your quote ''guarantees YOU,more championship football'' somewhat gives you away,lol

2 minutes ago, BartyRamsfan1969 said:

No. A great hold up striker with proven goal scoring record. He now has competition from Bent, Nugent and co which will keep him sharp

Archived