Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

Simply put, football is a ruthless business. You don't get anywhere by showing sympathy because another club is upset at you. 

I didn't see much sympathy from Fulham's side throughout January? They stuck with their position that Martin was theirs and there is no option on him returning.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Simply put, football is a ruthless business. You don't get anywhere by showing sympathy because another club is upset at you. 

I didn't see much sympathy from Fulham's side throughout January? They stuck with their position that Martin was theirs and there is no option on him returning.

The principle was their though. All three parties have to agree

Think people need to step down from the moral high ground here. At no point have Fulham given any consideration to what we or more importantly Chris Martin wanted in this situation. Why therefore should we give 2 flying fooks about them. Embrace the moment. Our top scorer from the last 3 seasons is coming home. I know I'm definitely gonna raise a glass to that tonight. Welcome home Chrissie. COYR. 

Sorry if this as already been said, don't have the time tonight to read all the posts but does this mean Fulham will have to pay his new weekly wage and if they don't will that make the loan contract null and void.

Just now, Steve How Hard!!! said:

Think people need to step down from the moral high ground here. At no point have Fulham given any consideration to what we or more importantly Chris Martin wanted in this situation. Why therefore should we give 2 flying fooks about them. Embrace the moment. Our top scorer from the last 3 seasons is coming home. I know I'm definitely gonna raise a glass to that tonight. Welcome home Chrissie. COYR. 

Cheers lol. 

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The principle was their though. All three parties have to agree

All three parties would need to agree for him to sign at the end too, and it's obvious that wasn't going to happen.

As I've already said Fulham/Jokanovic played every card they had during January, even posturing saying 'there's nothing you can do', essentially being ruthless about it. When a player wants to return for family reasons, and a club want him back I don't see any reason not to show a bit of swagger back 

Don't know where all this moral questioning comes from. He's our player and we've ensured he remains so, given him no doubt that he has a future here. 

I had no argument with him going, he clearly was out of sorts with Pearson. I hated Pearson from minute one and couldn't blame CM for getting out of it, but he'd better bring his A game back with him  

Is it check mate? 

As you all know I am a massive Chris Martin fan, he has been so consistent since he came here, and since he has been at Fulham he has scored goals, and generally when he has played Fulham are a better side with him in the team, so we have made 3 million pound on a player we payed nothing for, and who was brilliant for Mac the last time round, for me this is a win, win situation for Dcfc.

7 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Sorry if this as already been said, don't have the time tonight to read all the posts but does this mean Fulham will have to pay his new weekly wage and if they don't will that make the loan contract null and void.

You forget that Pearson arranged this. Derby are probably having to pay his wages and pay Fulham for the privilege of him being there.

He's a sly old fox McClaren, he must have known Martin was signing last night when he was being interviewed and he gave nothing away at all, I'd have been full of it. 

I hope those that criticised the club in the disappointing window thread appreciate the work that must have gone into getting this sorted out. Nice one all concerned.

sorry im late!

i was having a meal out when this news popped up on my phone...and promptly spat my drink out.

i nearly bought the whole pub a drink...the best news of the year and now its time to see derby county really click and get back to our best....hopefully be back very soon indeed,depending on how stubborn fulham choose to be bearing in maind the next loan fee is due.

even if we have to wait until next season however,we can cope knowing he is coming back.

also;

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha TODDY,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

enjoyed that and i promise i wont tease the afflicted from now on....(thats a lie).

Archived