Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

he should,however unpalatable or inconvenient it was.

it happens all the time,you only have to look at forest asking for ward back from burton.it wasnt convenient for burton either but once it happens there is no point trying to hold onto them...it just gets sourer for everyone involved.

Or Clough wanted a familiar face in the dressing room when he took over!

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite comment on the Fulham forum so far...

"Those 2 missed penalties now make it look like they were deliberate in order to derail our play off push."

He got both penalties on target, one was actually struck very well and took a tremendous save to keep out. Coincidentaly in that game he scored the equaliser, maybe that was an accident? How you can put a penalty on target and miss on purpose I don't know, but one poster has suggested an FA investigation to find out how...

Why is everybody getting their knickers in a knot,  you might have forgotten we offered Martin the contract 3 weeks ago, it was to put a spanner in the works with Fulham, hence why Martin refused to play at Reading.

Things are the same as they were yesterday, except we are supposed to be paying him 30,000 a week now, I dare say Fulham are still paying their contracted amount 14000 or whatever it is. So we now hope that Fulham will send him back within 3 days, or else we are paying Martin a tidy sum  each week to play at a rival club till June.

We now have a situation whereby Fulham either send him back quickly, can keep him and risk an injury or just as bad sit him out till June. Absolutely bonkers.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Why is everybody getting their knickers in a knot,  you might have forgotten we offered Martin the contract 3 weeks ago, it was to put a spanner in the works with Fulham, hence why Martin refused to play at Reading.

Things are the same as they were yesterday, except we are supposed to be paying him 30,000 a week now, I dare say Fulham are still paying their contracted amount 14000 or whatever it is. So we now hope that Fulham will send him back within 3 days, or else we are paying Martin a tidy sum  each week to play at a rival club till June.

We now have a situation whereby Fulham either send him back quickly, can keep him and risk an injury or just as bad sit him out till June. Absolutely bonkers.

Move on matey. He's coming home. :D

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

you need to stop living in the past and move on

and to be honest,im a bit disappointed with this response toddy,you have been sat glaring at your keyboard for several hours...i expected a masterpiece  

MORE ON MARTIN DEAL

After Chris Martin signed a new contract with Derby today, a Fulham spokesperson has told the Press Association tonight:

"The signing of a new contract with Derby County does not impact on the terms of the loan arrangement agreed by both clubs.

"Chris Martin will be at Fulham for the remainder of the season and the club still has an option to purchase."

So can Fulham trigger a permanent deal

Does nobody else think this stinks of serious foul play by Derby?

I said before, when I read posts about Martin on other teams forums.

That McClaren time and time again has played dirty in his bid to get him back

If we are to get Martin back in the summer, so be it, let him sign it then.

Apart from the fact he is SUPPOSED to be at Fulham at the moment, and not anywhere near DCFC,

this move can only be a last ditch attempt to play dirty and try force the move through in whats left of January.

Lastly I think the thing which stinks of showing no class whatsoever.... is DCFC and Martin feeling the need to attribute quotes to how he cant wait to be at derby, and looks forward to being here ASAP. All, while his is expected to turn out for Fulham in their next game.

If the boot was on the other foot, how furious would you be with this dirty scumbag????

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

MORE ON MARTIN DEAL

After Chris Martin signed a new contract with Derby today, a Fulham spokesperson has told the Press Association tonight:

"The signing of a new contract with Derby County does not impact on the terms of the loan arrangement agreed by both clubs.

"Chris Martin will be at Fulham for the remainder of the season and the club still has an option to purchase."

So can Fulham trigger a permanent deal

Pretty sure that Martin has to agree to that. Since that won't happen, even if Fulham wanted to buy him, Martin could just refuse to sign with them.

6 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Apart from the fact he is SUPPOSED to be at Fulham at the moment, and not anywhere near DCFC,

this move can only be a last ditch attempt to play dirty and try force the move through in whats left of January.

Lastly I think the thing which stinks of showing no class whatsoever.... is DCFC and Martin feeling the need to attribute quotes to how he cant wait to be at derby, and looks forward to being here ASAP. All, while his is expected to turn out for Fulham in their next game.

If the boot was on the other foot, how furious would you be with this dirty scumbag????

Technically he is with Fulham. Since neither Derby, nor Martin have broken any rules, how is this foul play? 

40 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Statement from Fulham on sky transfer 

I see a hefty legal battle in the offing.

7 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

You feeling ok jager?...Do you need me to get you a cup of tea?13cJzsFVCJulUY_zpsoidku1v1.gif

10 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Yeah you would be furious but as the saying goes- Alls fair in love and war. When players cross that white line it's a battle hence a war. Pretty sure we all agree that we love Derby County. Therefore, simplistically put alls fair in love and war. :thumbsup:

Archived