Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Fulham have agreed to pay 100% of his wages or if they have agreed a fixed amount? Because if we've given him a pay rise and the agreement says they pay all his wages, then we've absolutely got their pants down. I don't know how these deals work, but it's worth considering! 

as far as i am concerned fulham have done nothing wrong at any stage.

they brokered a deal in good faith and just wanted to stick to the agreement.

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

as far as i am concerned fulham have done nothing wrong at any stage.

they brokered a deal in good faith and just wanted to stick to the agreement.

So what he is our player. 

We just lent him out and he didn't like it there. 

They should have signed him permanently.

Tight Fulham. 

No sympathy from us. 

Just now, CumbrianRam said:

2017-18

Carson

Chrstie/New RB Keogh Pearce Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes Johnson/New CM

Ince Martin New LW.

Suddenly I'm very excited,

Personally think in the summer we need:

New right back to replace Baird

New young 'footballing centre back' to replace Shackell. The lad McClaren scouted in Scotland makes sense

New CDM: Johnson has done well there but we suffer a lot with our build up play when Thorne is injured. 

New CM: Need some with legs to get into the box( loftus cheek on loan next season would be my choice)

New direct left winger: Preferably right footed who has good work rate defensively like Wildshut. 

New link left winger: In the Dawkins mold to link the midfield and attack. Jota or Judge would be my choices here.

So 6 new players whilst getting rid of the likes of Blackman,Weimann,Butterfield/Johnson, Shackell,Baird, Bent(difficult decision), Olsson(depending on Fozzy's fitness), Camara(if he wants to go back) and Vydra

3 minutes ago, BearDCFC said:

I wonder if Fulham have agreed to pay 100% of his wages or if they have agreed a fixed amount? Because if we've given him a pay rise and the agreement says they pay all his wages, then we've absolutely got their pants down. I don't know how these deals work, but it's worth considering! 

It's a very good point. Hopefully if they don't pay all his wages then we could recall him on a legal technicality. Think we'll still see some posturing from SJ but we've definitely poked them right in the eyes with this one. Don't think anybody saw this coming. We've basically left them practically no time to replace him. 

Just now, Steve How Hard!!! said:

It's a very good point. Hopefully if they don't pay all his wages then we could recall him on a legal technicality. Think we'll still see some posturing from SJ but we've definitely poked them right in the eyes with this one. Don't think anybody saw this coming. We've basically left them practically no time to replace him. 

In another write up,Fulham paying all £30k of Martin wages ?

1 minute ago, Cardifframs said:

I think it said Fulham had to pay another £1.5m until end of season,if he stays 

And his new wages, hopefully.

They've bought it on themselves - tight gits should have signed him, but no they wanted 'try before you buy'. Could have signed him in this window - Chrissy said he just wanted his contract sorted, but didn't say with who! Absolute w@nkers, they're the ones who haven't played the game - normally when a loan player wants to go back to their parent club it's all agreed. Not them barstewards. Ha! Always good to have another club to hate! Foook off Fulham!

Chrissy Martin is a Ram, he hates Fulham.

Archived