Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

sorry im late!

i was having a meal out when this news popped up on my phone...and promptly spat my drink out.

i nearly bought the whole pub a drink...the best news of the year and now its time to see derby county really click and get back to our best....hopefully be back very soon indeed,depending on how stubborn fulham choose to be bearing in maind the next loan fee is due.

even if we have to wait until next season however,we can cope knowing he is coming back.

also;

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha TODDY,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

enjoyed that and i promise i wont tease the afflicted from now on....(thats a lie).

ROFL. All out of likes for that one sorry. At least Toddy will only need one pint tonight. He'll be crying that much, it will keep refilling itself. :baby:

8 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha TODDY,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

enjoyed that and i promise i wont tease the afflicted from now on....(thats a lie).

Cruel, but fair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/28/chris-martin-set-showdown-talks-withfulham-demand-derby-county/

Chris Martin is set for showdown talks with Fulham on Sunday and will demand to be returned to Derby County.

Martin wants Fulham to scrap his loan deal and send him back to Derby, with the striker determined to meet manager Slavisa Jokanovic before the FA Cup tie against Hull City. The Scotland international refused to play for Fulham for the game at Reading in December and is now prepared to take further drastic action to force the issue.

It is understood that Martin may inform Jokanovic that he is reluctant to play against Hull in the fourth round tie at Craven Cottage, in a move that is likely to infuriate Fulham for the second time this season.

Martin is on loan at Fulham for the season but Derby want to terminate the deal early and bring him back, after Steve McClaren's return to Pride Park. The 28-year-old has agreed a new contract with Derby and Fulham will have to pay a £1.5million loan fee for the remainder of the season if they dig in their heels and decide to keep him.

It is believed Fulham are also paying all of Martin's £30,000 a week wages due to the terms of the deal. Jokanovic criticised Martin last month for his refusal to play, claiming Fulham could not be treated "like a train station".

He also said:  'We need to check this situation but I don't have any intention of making our rivals any stronger. I am not going to send him back to Derby, he is going to stay with us, and he is going to respect the contract."

Martin was sent to Fulham by McClaren's predecessor at Derby, Nigel Pearson, and has scored nine goals so far this season.

It's good news Chris Martin has signed a new contract, but where does this leave Derby's new experienced front man David Nugent. I believe he signed a 2 and half year contract. Thinking about it this could mean Bent will not be offered a  new deal and Nugent will just be his replacement

2 minutes ago, rsmini said:

It's good news Chris Martin has signed a new contract, but where does this leave Derby's new experienced front man David Nugent. I believe he signed a 2 and half year contract. Thinking about it this could mean Bent will not be offered a  new deal and Nugent will just be his replacement

Bent will be relased in the summer now, I;m pretty sure, think Vydra will be made avalaible too if Verman impresses at Cov

Sam & Mel have played an absolute blinder here. Let Fulham mouth off about the situation, draw all the attention on them, let them think it's their way and they've pulled our pants down.

but no, we can offer him a new contract, perfectly legal to do so, offer him loads to come back. F*** you Fulham, check and mate. 

Chrissy Martin is a ram, is a ram, is a ram

Archived