Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

19 hours ago, David said:

14 starts for us since he arrived, not many of those were consecutive games so it's going to be difficult to impose himself and build up that chemistry on the pitch with the team. 

Whats frustrating is we've seen so many players continue whilst playing poor yet never given a chance. We loan him out then start tinkering with the formation, one you could easily argue is better suited to him. Now at Wolves scoring goals, a £3m signing now worth just £1.5m, madness

That's the problem with transfer fees, it is all about opinion we paid at least £4 million for Anya who is no more than ok but I would have valued him at £400,000 even with inflated fees

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett appreciated hard working players with commitment - Weimann is a Rowett type player. If a few has been agreed it's best of luck to him. But if not, I can see him staying (especially if we're going 3 behind a striker...)

As poor as I think he is in a 4-3-3, he should definitely be one of the ones we attempt to keep on his return. I doubt he'd displace Ince, Vydra or Russell but he can play in all of their roles and has the work ethic to boot.

I'd sooner see the back of Blackman and Camara before him.

On 23/03/2017 at 15:40, Millenniumram said:

Wouldn't want to let weimann go, always liked him and was a bit disappointed to see him go, think he'd do a good job as competition for vydra.

My feelings too. What's to say he wouldn't excel playing in behind a main striker. All he needed was a strike partner to feed off like Vydra.

Somehow think Wolves will smell the coffee and do all they can to tempt him but I hope he fancies his chances with Rowett, I'd be happy to see him stay in last nights formation.

My understanding is that the club will be looking to trim the squad this summer. Especially if we want to bring in any new faces.

So its the ones out of contract and others already being pursued who are the ones likely to go first. Its business not personal. 

Its unfortunate for him but it couldn't be said that he is one of our prized assets that we must keep hold of. 

Cant see the club turning down any reasonable offer for him. And, sorry, but cannot see that we would be weaker without him either with all the other alternatives we have.

For various reasons outside his control it just hasn't worked out for Weimann at Derby. Good luck to him in his future. 

5 hours ago, sage said:

if Wolves want him and offer all or most of what we paid, Rowett will snatch their hands off. He is presumably one of our higher earners. 

Fair enough summary, it will be a matter of who we can get rid of, not who we'd like to.

I realise he fits both categories for you.

Can't see them queuing round the block for Blackman or Camara, but Andi should attract some interest.

14 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Fair enough summary, it will be a matter of who we can get rid of, not who we'd like to.

I realise he fits both categories for you.

Can't see them queuing round the block for Blackman or Camara, but Andi should attract some interest.

Good point. However i think there will be interest for Camara from France.

In Blackman's case I think we will have to take a loan deal.

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Good point. However i think there will be interest for Camara from France.

In Blackman's case I think we will have to take a loan deal.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I heard Sam Rush was in China trying to secure Blackman a 30 million pound move to Xiang Xiang Dynamo in the summer.

On 23 March 2017 at 14:59, David said:

14 starts for us since he arrived, not many of those were consecutive games so it's going to be difficult to impose himself and build up that chemistry on the pitch with the team. 

Whats frustrating is we've seen so many players continue whilst playing poor yet never given a chance. We loan him out then start tinkering with the formation, one you could easily argue is better suited to him. Now at Wolves scoring goals, a £3m signing now worth just £1.5m, madness

That would seem like madness but we aren't aware of the size of the loan fee? If the spent 500k to 1m (unlikely I know) on loaning him then 1.5m seems reasonable?

As with the CM situation, and similar for release clause activations - it will entirely depend on the player.

All the clauses do is force the club to accept the offer and allow the player the chance to speak to the club that triggered it. If the player isn't interested, then its dead.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not sure we have a choice Joe. If we built the fee in to the loan agreement and Wolves take it up then he is gone. That is how we got Ince after all so we can't complain when it goes the other way.

We didn't it's just been in the local press [Birmingham ]there is no rumoured £1.5 m buy clause apparently Derby want more.Which I suppose is good news in terms of getting our money back.

It's a numbers game isn't it ... Money and Staff 

Bent, Weiman, Vydra, Martin, Nugent, Blackman 

looking at our needs and Rowetts style you get the feeling that 2 have to Go

its a pity if it's Andy because I could see our logical strike alternatives as Nuge or Martin with Vydra or Weiman. 

I love Darren Bents finishing and guile but I can see him going because his contract won't be that long and the cost benefit will be good. I don't think Blackman is going to attract much interest while Andy is clearly in demand. Tricky 

Archived