Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

On 28 January 2017 at 14:32, Monty said:

Infuriating - I said last week in this thread he has far too much quality to be allowed out to a competitor on loan. Camara showed in 5 minutes last night why we should definitely also hold onto him. AW should have been in the side ahead of Russell last nights miss is an example why.

You have a good point in one sense. I agree that Weiman on song is a much more polished article than JR. Johnny however adds something in that he fits the team, knows his role and adds a certain defensive quality when he drops back. He didnt "miss" the other night, it was late in the game and he bust a gut to get on the end of a great cross/pass. It would have been a world class finish of the season moment if he scored that, I doubt Andy would have been any closer.

Johnny is too reactive, his touch is average and he isn't always in the best at positioning himself to receive the ball but his other qualities fill those gaps to make him par with Weiman in my view. 

Totaly agree though that Camara and Weiman are both players that have more to give then they have been allowed in recent times.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Are Wolves a "competitor"?

Although only 11 points behind us they are down in 18th. 

He won't be allowed to play against us and if he strengthens their team it could work to our advantage when Wolves play the teams around us.

Spot on.

If Wolves make up 11 points on us then we'll be on such poor form that we're nowhere near the play offs anyway!

We've strengthened a non-threatening team including for their games against our play off rivals.

Wolves still have games against Newcastle, Huddersfield, Reading, Fulham, Brighton and us (when he won't be available).  

If they gain enough points over those fixtures to be challenging top 8ish then they'll have taken enough points off our play-off rivals to probably help us if anything. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived