Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

What makes me hope Weimann stays more is DEL being so harshly desperate to see him leave. 

Hardly desperate.. 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I still think he's better than Camara and Russell and Anya and Vydra on the left of a 3

Agreed. We're talking about a player that has performed in the Premier League, never been given a run in the side despite how poor we've been up top.

Tongue in cheek DEL comment aside, 4-2-3-1 would suit him far better, really hope he stays and given a chance finally.

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I still think he's better than Camara and Russell and Anya and Vydra on the left of a 3

He was awful on the left ! He had 1 good game there and as previously mentioned it was against Hull in play off second leg ! He could only run in straight lines and I'm with DEL here , I think it's time for him to move on. 

Stats time.

15/16 - 13 starts, 1354 minutes on the pitch (15 games), 4 goals

Compare that to the much adored don't sell Johnny Russell or I'll cry...

16/17 - 29 starts, 2441 minutes on the pitch (27 games) 2 goals

15/16 - 37 starts, 3248 minutes on the pitch, (36 games) 10 goals

*Johnny Russell has had decent runs in the side, been here a long time. Weimann a game or two here and there. I know who I'd sell. 

With Rowett talking about shifting older faces, looking how many goals they bring or concede, no brainer really.

Not sure he's been great at Wolves - for me he's another one that puts in the graft, but for a forward player he doesn't score anywhere near enough. Russell and Anya very similar. But saying that, if we're to ship a couple out of Anya, Russell, Weimann, Camara, I'd rather keep Russell and Weimann out of those 4 if I'm honest.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Stats time.

15/16 - 13 starts, 1354 minutes on the pitch (15 games), 4 goals

Compare that to the much adored don't sell Johnny Russell or I'll cry...

16/17 - 29 starts, 2441 minutes on the pitch (27 games) 2 goals

15/16 - 37 starts, 3248 minutes on the pitch, (36 games) 10 goals

*Johnny Russell has had decent runs in the side, been here a long time. Weimann a game or two here and there. I know who I'd sell. 

With Rowett talking about shifting older faces, looking how many goals they bring or concede, no brainer really.

How dare you talk about DEL Johnny Russell like that?? He's scored 2 goals this season that's a great record keep him and sell a player who played in the premier league a lad who has never had a chance, but some say he has had a chance because he's played 5 minutes at the end of games

I don't want to knock Johnny at all, just think we can do slightly better and as Rowett said freshen it up, he is one of the older players here now and it can become stale, wherever he goes will get a great player.  

Weimann a couple years younger, proven in the Premier League. He's already shown in flashes what he's capable of, given a real chance honestly think he can be a dangerous and quality player to have in this league.

Said it a few times, let him go on the cheap and it will come back to bite us on the arse big time.

4-2-3-1 this is his time.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nither Weimann  185=28goals Russell 158-25 goals suggest niether are what you would call top notch strikers comparing weimann with Russel as an example isnt the right comparison try comparing him with Vydra=Nugent- Ince Martin-Bent  those are the ones he would be competing against for a place in the side.He is surplus to requirements its right to let him go

25 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Nither Weimann  185=28goals Russell 158-25 goals suggest niether are what you would call top notch strikers comparing weimann with Russel as an example isnt the right comparison try comparing him with Vydra=Nugent- Ince Martin-Bent  those are the ones he would be competing against for a place in the side.He is surplus to requirements its right to let him go

Don't forget Weimann was playing premier league not Scottish prem

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I agree he is better than camara and anya on the left side but no world beater, a lot depends if we are ultimately keeping Ince 

3 hours ago, Topram said:

How dare you talk about DEL Johnny Russell like that?? He's scored 2 goals this season that's a great record keep him and sell a player who played in the premier league a lad who has never had a chance, but some say he has had a chance because he's played 5 minutes at the end of games

JR is a major part of Rowett's plans next season, which I'm sure you'll be enthused about, TopRam.. :lol:;)

That's a shame. If Russell does stay then hopefully it's only as a squad player, nothing more. We need to do better than Russell if we want to go up. Russell is useless on the left hand side. Would only have him if he's a back up to Ince at right wing.

Just now, McLovin said:

That's a shame. If Russell does stay then hopefully it's only as a squad player, nothing more. We need to do better than Russell if we want to go up. Russell is useless on the left hand side. Would only have him if he's a back up to Ince at right wing.

My first thought was similar, but then I remembered how well Russell works with Forsyth. Great partnership, I got now worries if they both stay fit.

Archived