Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

"It is claimed that Derby County have no say on the future of the striker they loaned to Wolverhampton Wanderers in January. Wolverhampton Wanderers have a deal in place to sign Derby County loanee Andreas Weimann for £1.5 million, report the Express & Star."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/22/report-wolverhampton-wanderers-have-deal-in-place-to-sign-derby/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

I hope that's not true

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 goal in 40 appearances for Derby, having an agreed price in place is fairly sensible and with a loan fee probably means not a great loss on transfer fee, we have probably benefited from the same senario when we signed tom Ince, let him go with our best wishes unless GR wants him 

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'd be delighted with £1.5m for Weimann. 

He's definitely a player we need to move on. 

I'd have him in the squad ahead of Camara and now we're playing 3 across the AM roles he might have more joy...

57 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Not given a fair crack whilst he was here, would wish him well if we went as I don't think it was a lack of effort that did for him. He was just here whilst we were a bit of a basket case.

I like the positivity in the use of "were" there...

I'd like to see him given another shot under Rowett, think a counter-attacking style would suit him, especially the opportunity to play down the middle behind a ST.

But if he's going to move on, 1.5 million isn't bad. If we sell him Blackman and Camara, that should give us a break on the wages and something towards bringing in another Ince/Ibe type winger.

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I'd have him in the squad ahead of Camara and now we're playing 3 across the AM roles he might have more joy...

My thinking exactly! Would offer an option behind the striker as back-up to Vydra, and something on the wide-left. Wouldn't surprise me if the club have already agreed the deal though. These are the same guys who sent our best striker out on loan with no recall. 

26 minutes ago, David said:

£1.5m is an absolute bargain for a player like Weimann when you look at transfer fees today. 

All true, but he has failed to impose himself with us and has had a decent go at it

but is he better than Anya at £4 million and camara at £1.5 million hell yes- and there sits the problem.

Just now, Sparkle said:

All true, but he has failed to impose himself with us and has had a decent go at it

but is he better than Anya at £4 million and camara at £1.5 million hell yes- and there sits the problem.

14 starts for us since he arrived, not many of those were consecutive games so it's going to be difficult to impose himself and build up that chemistry on the pitch with the team. 

Whats frustrating is we've seen so many players continue whilst playing poor yet never given a chance. We loan him out then start tinkering with the formation, one you could easily argue is better suited to him. Now at Wolves scoring goals, a £3m signing now worth just £1.5m, madness

We have a bloated squad and can't keep everyone. I think he was a bit unlucky regarding the limited opportunities he had with us but other than the away leg in the play offs at Hull, he has never really stood out. I think we need to bring in better quality if we are going to challenge for promotion next season.

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

4 goal in 40 appearances for Derby, having an agreed price in place is fairly sensible and with a loan fee probably means not a great loss on transfer fee, we have probably benefited from the same senario when we signed tom Ince, let him go with our best wishes unless GR wants him 

I'm amazed to read he has made 40 appearances. I can only remember two.

1 hour ago, David said:

14 starts for us since he arrived, not many of those were consecutive games so it's going to be difficult to impose himself and build up that chemistry on the pitch with the team. 

Whats frustrating is we've seen so many players continue whilst playing poor yet never given a chance. We loan him out then start tinkering with the formation, one you could easily argue is better suited to him. Now at Wolves scoring goals, a £3m signing now worth just £1.5m, madness

I agree. And why agree a fee when you don't know how it's going to turn out at the loan club? Surely if he does well and scores goals, his value will go up and we can demand more. If he doesn't he'll be sent back anyway. 

Whilst I agree he didn't do much here, we paid the same for Camara when Weimann is clearly better, and £4 million for Anya.

18 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

My thinking exactly! Would offer an option behind the striker as back-up to Vydra, and something on the wide-left. Wouldn't surprise me if the club have already agreed the deal though. These are the same guys who sent our best striker out on loan with no recall. 

A little harsh... They backed their manager when he said he didn't want Martin... And they backed the manager when he said it would be good to let Weimann get some proper game time somewhere else...

Archived