Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Blackman, Weimann and Bent must be on close to £80k a week between them, or 4 million a year in wages (eye watering).

I would imagine the only way of getting rid of Blackman though would be to part fund his wages and send him to a newly promoted club.

Newly promoted to which division .:ph34r:

Weimann has found his niche in the Wolves team.

He never seems to be anonymous or invisible when he turns out for them.

Return to Derby as a bench warmer or play as a point rescuer for a lesser team?

Must be nice to have that choice!

Is it Andreas's choice to make though?

Was excited about the signing when he arrived. In and out the side and countless managerial changes haven't helped him progress here.

Good(ish) player, but I don't think him, Camara, Blackman and pretty much everyone else signed in Clements tenure are the long term answer.

Only impressed me once, have written him off. 

Just like I had with Alex Pearce, Chris Baird, Bradley Johnson....

Even Gary Teale had a renaissance of sorts for a spell. I'll just shut up and trust the manager. 

On Thursday, April 06, 2017 at 22:29, steve brummie said:

Weimann has found his niche in the Wolves team.

He never seems to be anonymous or invisible when he turns out for them.

Return to Derby as a bench warmer or play as a point rescuer for a lesser team?

Must be nice to have that choice!

Is it Andreas's choice to make though?

Seems happy there from his twitter feed and getting regular starts. I think he'll go. Wish him all the best.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

EXPRESS & STAR

Wolves look set to complete a permanent deal for Andreas Weimann, with boss Paul Lambert stating: "I'd like to sign him."

As good as gone then?

Happy days! 

Wolves are ready to trigger a £1.5million deal for Andreas Weimann.

The Molineux club have the option to make the forward’s loan from Derby permanent in the summer and boss Paul Lambert, who also managed him at Aston Villa, is keen for him to stay.

Weimann, who has scored three goals for Wolves, was surplus to requirements at the Rams when he was loaned out by Steve McClaren.

But successor Gary Rowett has no control over stopping Wolves pushing through the move due to the terms of the deal.

11 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Wolves are ready to trigger a £1.5million deal for Andreas Weimann.

The Molineux club have the option to make the forward’s loan from Derby permanent in the summer and boss Paul Lambert, who also managed him at Aston Villa, is keen for him to stay.

Weimann, who has scored three goals for Wolves, was surplus to requirements at the Rams when he was loaned out by Steve McClaren.

But successor Gary Rowett has no control over stopping Wolves pushing through the move due to the terms of the deal.

Where's this from?

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't this be similar to the martin case, in that whether the clause is there or not, the player still has to want the move. So if GR really wanted him there is still the opportunity to appeal to the player, as we did with Martin (new contract). 

Archived