Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Because of off the pitch issues, how hard is that to understand? No point keeping players who didn't want to play for you or fit your style, no matter how good they are. No matter how good Martin was in the past, his attitude against Burton was appalling. 

To be fair to Martin, Pearson set Him up against Burton.

He played him out wide, knowing he would be ineffective, highlighting to the fans and Mel that Martin doesn't fit in the system he was trying to create.

Martin must have played that game knowing he was going, if it was true Wolves had already bid and Fulham were sniffing, Martin knew that was his last game for Derby.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-5-9 at 22:19, angieram said:

There was a question asked about Bent and Baird's contracts and Rowett explained these types of clause are not unusual for players with shorter contracts. Not talking about those players he then went on to say that when selling while they want to get best price for players if they have to take a loss on a player they are prepared to do so.  

I think Mel being pissed off and very pissed off about Martin going out on loan has been well covered so I won't dwell on that apart from to say hurrah! He said it completely cut off our one line of retreat if 442 didn't work. He also said he thought we were in trouble if the type of football he saw in first friendly was what we were going to get under Pearson, which of course I totally agree with as I felt the same!!

He made another comment about certain players at the Burton match with their heads all over place as they didn't know if they were wanted by club. 

Inevitable question about Thorne and Gary hopeful he will be there or thereabouts preseason but Fozzy closer. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Because of off the pitch issues, how hard is that to understand? No point keeping players who didn't want to play for you or fit your style, no matter how good they are. No matter how good Martin was in the past, his attitude against Burton was appalling. 

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

The appalling thing that day and most games under his tenure was that managers insult on the word football. 

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

By off the pitch issues, I assume you're talking about the rumours of the clique Pearson had hanging around him? No wonder with that and his awful football 'plans' our players were disillusioned.

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

To be fair to Martin, Pearson set Him up against Burton.

He played him out wide, knowing he would be ineffective, highlighting to the fans and Mel that Martin doesn't fit in the system he was trying to create.

Martin must have played that game knowing he was going, if it was true Wolves had already bid and Fulham were sniffing, Martin knew that was his last game for Derby.

I think it is worth highlighting part of @angieram's post from the fans forum on Tuesday in regards to the Burton match. I think Mel might have been referring to Martin and Ince mainly but could quite be a number of players from that game.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'd give up all hope if we did that. Don't rate Russell at all. Genuinely think fans only rate him because he runs around a lot and huffs and puffs. He's only scored 1 more goal than nick Blackman despite playing many more games and fans think Blackman is the worst player ever. Fair play to Russell though, he's managed to fool many Derby fans for many years. 

Couldn't be more true! Couldn't say it any better myself mate 

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'd give up all hope if we did that. Don't rate Russell at all. Genuinely think fans only rate him because he runs around a lot and huffs and puffs. He's only scored 1 more goal than nick Blackman despite playing many more games and fans think Blackman is the worst player ever. Fair play to Russell though, he's managed to fool many Derby fans for many years. 

But we aren't aloud to say a bad word about Russell and if you do everyone thinks your against him, anyone else it's fine to give stick to, even that proves that Russell isn't only rated because he works hard which I don't even think he does anymore 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

^^^ Good news! Think he could be a big part of Rowett's plans here. 

What makes you think that just cos Wolves are no longer interested? Although according to current thought he's GR's type works hard with little flair (and not much end product)!

2 minutes ago, David said:

£1.5m would have been a bargain of the century. I hope we were never serious about selling him for that price.

What? He's done very little. I can only assume you're valuing him based on all the market rising, rather than is actual worth based on play?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What? He's done very little. I can only assume you're valuing him based on all the market rising, rather than is actual worth based on play?

Basing it on a 25 year old player that has played in the Premier League for over 100 games, a player we picked up on the cheap as he had a year left on his contract then never gave a real chance whilst sticking with consistent under-performers. Showing flashes of being a great player in the odd games he had. 

Goes on loan to Wolves, same league 3 goals in 12 games. 

Rumoured interest in Johnny Russell for £3.5m yet £1.5m for Weimann. Not a chance.

Wont argue against selling him if he doesn't fit in our plans but this shouldn't be a car boot sale.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What makes you think that just cos Wolves are no longer interested? Although according to current thought he's GR's type works hard with little flair (and not much end product)!

I'm happy that he hasn't gone purely for the money to be honest. £1.5m for him would have been criminal in today's market. I would like to see him under GR just because he is a GR type of player with his running and work rate. He's much more of a work horse than Camara. However I understand the argument of people wanting him gone, because he's the only one out of the wingers, Bar Ince, that we could get a decent amount of money for.

9 minutes ago, David said:

£1.5m would have been a bargain of the century. I hope we were never serious about selling him for that price.

Chris Martin on a free would be bargain of the century. 

Weimann for £1.5m would be a cast off price for a cast off player, as he was a year ago.

They all get a clean slate now so hopefully he can come back, feel like he's wanted and deliver for us, but I've still only been impressed with him that one time.

He's better than quite a few of our attacking options, but that says more about our transfer success in recent years than his quality.

Just now, needles said:

Chris Martin on a free would be bargain of the century. 

Weimann for £1.5m would be a cast off price for a cast off player, as he was a year ago.

They all get a clean slate now so hopefully he can come back, feel like he's wanted and deliver for us, but I've still only been impressed with him that one time.

He's better than quite a few of our attacking options, but that says more about our transfer success in recent years than his quality.

I may have exaggerated slightly with the reported £1.5m figure which boggled my little mind

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

He's much more of a work horse than Camara

Perfect example.

We had our pants down at £1.5m for Camara, you cannot value Weimann at the same price a year later.

They are not even on the same level.

1 minute ago, David said:

Perfect example.

We had our pants down at £1.5m for Camara, you cannot value Weimann at the same price a year later.

They are not even on the same level.

Wiemann proved at the away leg to Hull what a threat he can be. 

Give him a chance with a manager who loves to play with pacy wingers and not as much passing football. 

Weimann for me is exactly the type of player that Rowett would want + like, workhorse but has also shown flashes of quality. I still think with a consistent run in the team he has a lot to offer. Would rather we kept Weimann over Russell + Camara

20 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I hope he stays and gets a chance to prove his worth to Rowett. If we are lining up next season and our wide options are Wiemann, Russell, Anya and Ince then we have a really good set of options there.

Ince will get you goals but I'm not convinced how he fits into a team. Clearly the most talented of the bunch though, so he gets a free pass to an extent.

Russell I love at this level. goes past people, works his arse off, committed...just needs to find the consistency from early in his Derby career but that will come with stability I think.

Anya has done nothing to make me think he's going be a big player for us. He's OK, but he doesn't change games which is what you need from wide men. £4m wasn't it? I was just a little bit sick in my mouth.

Weimann? I'm sure there's more to come, but I think it's been shown that he needs to play centrally if at all...which probably isn't going to happen.

Blackman, Camara...just go.

I can't imagine that Mason Bennett can be much worse that most of that lot. If we'd done the job right he'd have had 30 games for us by now and we'd know for sure either he's got it or he can leave. Instead we've scoffed millions on players who don't improve us.

Archived