Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think a owner could spend far more than 10%. He can offset the losses the clubs inevitably make against profits they make in other areas. Not for one second saying that's why Mel is here, but it's not costing him the money he chucks at the club

I'm not entirely sure how big business works at that level, but I'm not sure that sounds correct.

Sure, a business can offset some taxes in negative earnings years to future profitable ones, but I'm not sure an individual can, and as far as I'm aware Derby County don't own other ventures which are profitable, so an overall profit isn't being reduced.

Even if what you put is correct, does Mel still hold profitable interests in other companies?

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

My guess is we would bring in someone like Olly Watkins or that Madison guy for less money and less pay hoping they deliver the goods.

I can't help but raise issue to that, though. 'Hoping' isn't a stance we should be taking.

6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

My guess is we would bring in someone like Olly Watkins or that Madison guy for less money and less pay hoping they deliver the goods.

I'd imagine that GR is working on a Reactive transfer basis. Can't make any solid contact about a player until they know the money they have to play with from the sale of Ince. He might have a £5 mill, £7 mill and so on target based on what he gets for Ince. 

We'd miss Ince, most teams in the Championship would, but if it gives Rowett the funds to bring in his own players to fit the style of play he is looking for then sobeit.  He's made it clear he is looking for more power and pace and that can be equally exciting to watch with more balls into the box from behind the full backs.  What's gone before hasn't worked and I for one will look forward to the new season with great interest - just hope people show a bit of patience early season if we don't get off to a flyer

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I can't help but raise issue to that, though. 'Hoping' isn't a stance we should be taking.

I agree and don't think we should Sell him. you can rely on Ince to deliver as he's shown the last 3 years. Anyone else would be a gamble and gambling so for mugs. Stick with your dead cert 

2 hours ago, Redcar said:

That's me ☝?

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Let's hope we can get a good deal for him

In other news, ex Rams flop Keane set to join Everton in a 31m deal. What do we know! 

He wasn't a flop, just average like lingard - how the both of them are earning that much money is amazing 

54 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Yep.... remember when my dad came in my room to tell me we had sold Paul Goddard for £900k to Everton.... I was gutted. Anyway, back OT!! 

I think it was £700,000 to Millwall - I think your Dad was trying make you feel better! 

But what a player Paul Goddard was - with him and Saunders we finished 5th that season and I managed to get to nearly all the games home and away - great season

1 hour ago, SouthernRam said:

Hughes' departure was harder to take than this would be. I'd fancy Billing in return, or at least on loan with a view to a permanent.

For me Ince delivers more. Sad Hughes has gone but in terms of replacing what is lost, its harder to get the goals and assists of Ince.

In a 4-2-3-1 I didn't see an obvious spot for Hughes. That's why I can move on easier but to lose Ince would be a real kick in the teeth especially as I think he's got the perfect RB now.

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think it was £700,000 to Millwall - I think your Dad was trying make you feel better!

Bloody hell.... im not even half a fan then :( got the team and amount wrong!

year?? 1989???

10 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Bloody hell.... im not even half a fan then :( got the team and amount wrong!

year?? 1989???

Are you sure you're even a Derby quarter fan?

It might be Tony Cottee joining Everton from West Ham that you were thinking of :D

I always get shot down but from what I know, will Ince be be at Derby next season either loan or sale , probably not, have we got targets ,yes we have but we need outs before ins ,would they be good additions, yes they would, I'm not saying who they are but players who we would like some folks have mentioned around this forum.

46 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

But what a player Paul Goddard was - with him and Saunders we finished 5th that season and I managed to get to nearly all the games home and away - great season

And he scored a stunning chip over Neville Southall from the corner of the box to the back post at the normanton end.

Just about the best goal I've seen live.

The only other goal that pushes it was John Harkes with an absolute rocket at the the same end. Only problem was he was playing for Sheff Wednesday at the time.

Before I knew what I was doing I was stood up applauding.

My dad dragged me back into my seat and I got a RIGHT bolloc.ring! 

I will conclude this nostalgia yarn by saying that even though it was a hodge podge of a stadium the Baseball Ground couldn't half generate an incredible atmosphere. 

And those memories with my old dad are the reason I will always and forever support our club

I know I say it a lot but.....

DERBY COUNTY FOREVER. 

Archived