Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

I was resigned to losing Ince the moment the season finished. I'm not convinced he's a particularly decent Premier League player - too one footed and predictable, but it's a good move and I hope he does well for himself.

He was our best player last season and we will do well to replace someone who can win you games out of nowhere. 

With Hughes gone and Ince going, that's our two best players out the door. If the powers that be think it's for the best, no problem, but Ince will be harder to replace in our side that Hughes. Not saying he's better, just harder to replace.

I wonder if the clamour for a marquee signing will grow or people will be happy to wait and see? 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

You will hear that song again with different player. 

Hope not bud.... it's the worst in history. In fact, I bet it's the reason he's left, and in his contract Huddersfield fans get lifetime bans if they sing it.

3 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Weimann and Russell wingers with Nugent and Martin up front.... Ince who? ?

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies    Forsyth

Russell  Thorne  Butterfield  Johnson

Martin/Nugent    Vydra/Weimann

:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Chris baird's cousin has told me ince has gone and it's a done deal , unless we are playing without wingers we are gonna struggle , worrying times ahead 

Doubt Ince would have come into the first pre-season training session today if it's already a done deal. He might have come to collect his belongings but there's no chance he would have got involved in the session. 

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies    Forsyth

Russell  Thorne  Butterfield  Johnson

Martin    Nugent/Vydra

:thumbsup:

Wouldn't have Johnson on the left at all and Russell on the right would be awful aswel , if this is our line up for our premier league push attempt then I think I'm going to support Blyth spartans from now on :lol:

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Doubt Ince would have come into the first pre-season training session today if it's already a done deal. He might have come to collect his belongings but there's no chance he would have got involved in the session. 

Hopefully not mate , really think we would be weak without him , and a formation without wingers doesn't look promising tbh

19 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Get him gone for a big fee and bring in a right-midfielder who fits Rowett's system (whatever that may be) to a tee. No one player makes a team, and we'll move on from Ince as we have done from countless others.

The main wide players will be Russell and Weimann with Anya, Bennett, Vydra and Blackman as back up.

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Wouldn't have Johnson on the left at all and Russell on the right would be awful aswel , if this is our line up for our premier league push attempt then I think I'm going to support Blyth spartans from now on :lol:

Russell played primarily on the right in 2013/14 - his best season for the club.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

The main wide players will be Russell and Weimann with Anya, Bennett, Vydra and Blackman as back up.

You don't reckon we'll bring in at least one new winger, Rynny? Especially with Camara and now Ince both departing.

Also, Weimann has struggled every time he's been played on the wing, and showed at Wolves that he really comes to life as a CAM. Can't see why Rowett would come to the conclusion that he should be our main winger.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

You don't reckon we'll bring in at least one new winger, Rynny? Especially with Camara and now Ince both departing.

Also, Weimann has struggled every time he's been played on the wing, and showed at Wolves that he really comes to life as a CAM. Can't see why Rowett would come to the conclusion that he should be our main winger.

I can't see one coming in unless another leaves. We have 5 players that can play there without including under 23 players (Bennett, Elsnik, Cresswell). 

I can see Rowett fitting Weimann in on the left and giving him a similar role as Hull in 2nd leg of the play offs.

Archived