Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

Rowett has said if Ince goes we will sign a very very good replacement. 

Lets see who we get in before getting on Rowetts back. 

From Rowetts comments Ince wants to play in the prem. We are Derby County of the Championship and we aren't in a position to be turning down 10 million bids for players who want to go. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just say if Ince goes (10 million) Christie goes (3 million) Keogh goes (4 million) and Hughes goes (seen so many different fees reported so im going down the middle of £8 million) 

We have got rid of 4 players. Who have been here for 3 plus years. 3 plus years of failure. We all said changes are needed. These players have all been on the pitch and haven't done the business. Getting close to £25 million for those 4 is not bad at all. 

See who Rowett gets in. These players haven't done it. Lets give someone else a go. 

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

*Shudders*

I assume that's at my player suggestions?

If I'd have suggested Ibe permenantly while he was here I'm sure you'd be happy.

If I'd suggested Sako while he was at Wolves I'm sure you'd be happy.

What if Ince doesn't cut it at Huddersfield and sits on the bench for a season? Would you shudder at him then coming back?

5 minutes ago, Rample said:

Sako and Ibe, we already needed one winger.

Ibe 8 goals and 5 assists

Sako 30 goals and 15 assists

ince 45 goals and 15 assists

yes let's replace him with 2 inferior models that haven't produced, good plan. 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

We aren't going to replace him with better. Their potential combined bearing in mind Ibe would be dropping a division, could be as effective as Ince/Russell.

Not actually saying they were necessarily my choice just that we already needed a winger and I wouldn't be happy with one of those 2.

9 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I assume that's at my player suggestions?

If I'd have suggested Ibe permenantly while he was here I'm sure you'd be happy.

If I'd suggested Sako while he was at Wolves I'm sure you'd be happy.

What if Ince doesn't cut it at Huddersfield and sits on the bench for a season? Would you shudder at him then coming back?

I don't care what he does at Huddersfield. He's delivered every season and has arguably been our most consistent performer where others have faile.

ibe has had a 2 month purple patch(Less than Blackman has) and that's it.

purchase price for Sako may be less but the wages won't and the return will be less than what Ince would produce Imo.

ive suggested both those players btw but to play on the other side to him, not to replace him. I'd take any of those to replace Blackman, Russell or weimann or Bennett.

I'm not sure Rowett is a fan of creativity, but who ever comes in I bet will be able to run for ages and kick the ball dead far :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don't want to see Ince go, but if he wants to play in the PL and we get a fee that is in line with the market then you can't stop the boy.

But yeah, monster effort to replace him. I hope we go for two - a young talent and someone with a consistent record.

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I don't care what he does at Huddersfield. He's delivered every season and has arguably been our most consistent performer where others have faile.

ibe has had a 2 month purple patch(Less than Blackman has) and that's it.

purchase price for Sako may be less but the wages won't and the return will be less than what Ince would produce Imo.

ive suggested both those players btw but to play on the other side to him, not to replace him. I'd take any of those to replace Blackman, Russell or weimann or Bennett.

That's fair enough.

I just can't see how some people think Sako isn't good enough when he scored 24 goals and got 21 assists in 2 championship seasons (1 of those seasons they were relegated!).

Ibe is only 21. I understand he's only really performed at us for a small period but he definitely has attributes to be a top class player.

I have a feeling that in 20 years time, Tom is going to look back on his career and think "Why the hell did I spend so much time listening to my dad rather than doing what I wanted to?"

It seems that Ince senior is a bloody menace when it comes to 'advising' his son - I get the impression he's always telling him he could do better and unsettling him - the lad's had more clubs than hot dinners and he's only 25 for goodness sake. Tom needs to take control of his own career and decide where he wants to play his football rather than where his dad thinks he should go - if that's Huddersfield then fair enough, but it may be a short lived stint in the PL and he's then back to square one again....

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I just can't see how some people think Sako isn't good enough when he scored 24 goals and got 21 assists in 2 championship seasons (1 of those seasons they were relegated!).

Is the Sako of today capable of doing that, though? The guy has looked awful in his recent fleeting appearances under Allardyce. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is the Sako of today capable of doing that, though? The guy has looked awful in his recent fleeting appearances under Allardyce. 

Most players need a run of games to get going, he was a beast at Wolves and as GR has said, we have too many of the same type of player and not enough pace and power.

Ince = One of the top 5 wingers in the championship last season, and arguably the season and a half before that too

He deserves his shot at the Premier League and so far we've failed to give him that 3 years in a row - And we can't lay that all at the feet of him and the players - 6 managers (including caretakers but only counting Smacca once) in the 2 1/2 years he's been here and plenty of turmoil behind the scenes

I think his talent deserves somewhere better than Huddersfield (who I think will be coming straight back down) but he more than deserves the chance - And we shouldn't complain if he takes it

Archived