Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Ince = One of the top 5 wingers in the championship last season, and arguably the season and a half before that too

He deserves his shot at the Premier League and so far we've failed to give him that 3 years in a row - And we can't lay that all at the feet of him and the players - 6 managers (including caretakers but only counting Smacca once) in the 2 1/2 years he's been here and plenty of turmoil behind the scenes

I think his talent deserves somewhere better than Huddersfield (who I think will be coming straight back down) but he more than deserves the chance - And we shouldn't complain if he takes it

Just as long as we get a good price :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is the Sako of today capable of doing that, though? The guy has looked awful in his recent fleeting appearances under Allardyce. 

Think you hit the nail on the head with the word 'fleeting'. Most players need games to get confidence and form.

Although I thought he played a few games for them around Jan/Feb and Allardyce said he wanted to keep him?

I just think he's the type of player we need to get ourselves out of this league. Admittedly I have no idea what wage he's on and no idea what our budget would be.

I doubt Brighton fans were over the moon at bringing in two premier league players in Sidwell (33 years old last season?) and Murray (32 years old last season?). I think Murray had scored 3 goals in 2 years at Bournemouth!

8 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don't blame any player wanting to move to the Premier League and better themselves as footballers. Tom is hardly going to get a massive pay rise at Huddersfield, so if he goes, he's doing it for the right reasons.

Or because his dad's telling him too! ?

55 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Let's just say if Ince goes (10 million) Christie goes (3 million) Keogh goes (4 million) and Hughes goes (seen so many different fees reported so im going down the middle of £8 million) 

We have got rid of 4 players. Who have been here for 3 plus years. 3 plus years of failure. We all said changes are needed. These players have all been on the pitch and haven't done the business. Getting close to £25 million for those 4 is not bad at all. 

See who Rowett gets in. These players haven't done it. Lets give someone else a go. 

Hey buddy - do you not think it's he rubbish around these three players (Wisdom is a significantly upgrade but wasn't difficult) over the past couple of years as to why we have not got promotion.

Basically for me you could name just about any other player in the squad and when you average them it with Ince, Hughes and Keith it takes the average quality down.

We are being left with dross. Mid table at best this season and we will struggle for creativity.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

.....and that's the sum total of your contribution to this forum?

Not at all!! I was just trying to light fun of the disappointment of selling tom ince. Every player has a price i appreciate that it will be very difficult to replace him! I suppose that we have to trust what Gary is doing and support him! Hopefully an up and coming talent!

The replacement will be key for me deciding how I feel about this deal. I want to see a couple more wingers go yet, and already felt we needed to add one. So with Ince going, I think we need two now.

If we got, for example, Jota plus either Watkins or Tom Lawrence for the same amount of money, then I'd be okay with that.

If we go out and George Boyd and David Cotterill then I am most definitely not okay with it.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The replacement will be key for me deciding how I feel about this deal. I want to see a couple more wingers go yet, and already felt we needed to add one. So with Ince going, I think we need two now.

If we got, for example, Jota plus either Watkins or Tom Lawrence for the same amount of money, then I'd be okay with that.

If we go out and George Boyd and David Cotterill then I am most definitely not okay with it.

Same. Got to be Jota or Lawrence for me ? Preferably Jota, but unfortunately can't see it 

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Took the words right out of my head, Kernow. 

Just now, BuckoBeast said:

Same. Got to be Jota or Lawrence for me ? Preferably Jota, but unfortunately can't see it 

It's the quote from GR that we're looking at other clubs' best players that interests me. Who? Which wide players have we been linked to who could be considered one of the best players at the club.

So far, only Watkins. But he plays for League Two Exeter so that would be taking the piss a bit with comments like that. I'm sure somewhere on here I saw an article where Brentford stated a price of around £8mil for Jota. Less than Ince and most certainly one of Brentford's best players.

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I don't know whether to cry or laugh at this point. He's our only good winger. Hughes loss I could take, but this one is devastating. 

Couldn't have put it any better myself, feel exactly the same. 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's the quote from GR that we're looking at other clubs' best players that interests me. Who? Which wide players have we been linked to who could be considered one of the best players at the club.

So far, only Watkins. But he plays for League Two Exeter so that would be taking the piss a bit with comments like that. I'm sure somewhere on here I saw an article where Brentford stated a price of around £8mil for Jota. Less than Ince and most certainly one of Brentford's best players.

No way we get him, but I'd love a season loan for City's Patrick Roberts.

22 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

No way Jota will come to us, saw an article saying a couple of decent Prem teams interested in him, may have been Everton and West Ham and talking big money, over 10 mill. We will spend less than 10 mill on his replacement but for the life of me I can't see us getting anyone near as good in to replace him. Takes me back to the Wright/Saunders and Johnson/Charles sales......gutted and a tad concerned.

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Nice to see we're giving Huddersfield a bargain too, didn't want to leave them out. 

We paid like £5m for him before prices went crazily high. This would feel like selling him for a loss!

Archived