Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

41 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Carson

christie Keogh shackell Baird 

ince Hendrick Bryson Johnson     

Blackman Bent 

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Pearson should've been sacked the moment that team was announced. Would've saved us a hell of a lot of grief at the time.

Oddly I have no issue with ANY of the individuals in that lineup and would happily have all of them at Derby this season

But somehow that is STILL an awful team!

No LB - Ultra defensive LHS - No creativity through the middle - Poor 2 man midfield combo (no tackling, no creative spark, no passing genius) - 4 players played out of position (Baird, Ince, Johnson and Blackman)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Oddly I have no issue with ANY of the individuals in that lineup and would happily have all of them at Derby this season

But somehow that is STILL an awful team!

No LB - Ultra defensive LHS - No creativity through the middle - Poor 2 man midfield combo (no tackling, no creative spark, no passing genius) - 4 players played out of position (Baird, Ince, Johnson and Blackman)

No problem with the individuals involved, just the set up was entirely wrong. Not to mention the fact that he'd left superior players on the bench.

A chilling sign of what was to come.

The more I hear about Ince leaving, the more I think that it won't be that bad if he leaves. Think about it, in our best season since we were in the prem, 13/14. We didn't have him, we actually didn't have amazing wingers who scored goals, we went through Martin up top and had the wingers supplying him. 

Will we miss Ince? Yes.

Can we move on without him? Of course. 

If we brought in Bakary Sako from Palace to replace him then I'd be more than happy. 

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Sako would be dreadful. Injury prone isn't he?

Yes. Avoid him 

I bet replacement is Weimann or Anya. 

Don't leave us Incey. :(

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Sako would be dreadful. Injury prone isn't he?

Wouldn't say he was injury prone.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

And he plays on the left.

And i'm sure we can play Russell on the right with Sako on the left then. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

The more I hear about Ince leaving, the more I think that it won't be that bad if he leaves. Think about it, in our best season since we were in the prem, 13/14. We didn't have him, we actually didn't have amazing wingers who scored goals, we went through Martin up top and had the wingers supplying him. 

Will we miss Ince? Yes.

If we brought in Bakary Sako from Palace to replace him then I'd be more than happy. 

Yep, I'm sort of feeling the same way, I want him to stay but I think if he does go we'll manage without him. It's just very important we actually get a good fee for Ince and that we find a good enough replacement. I wasn't too happy with the fee and the timing of Hughes' departure, but I can't complain about the incomings made by Rowett so far, so I'm hopeful he'd be able to identify a suitable replacement.

Not sure Sako is an ideal replacement though, I thought he'd spent most/all of his career as a left winger (apart from a few games up front for Palace)?

Sako would be an absolutely awful signing.

Old, overrated, overpaid and dropping down for a pay day.

Seriously, if you think replacing Ince with him is the way forward then you've learnt absolutely nothing from the past two seasons. I don't know how anyone could think he's the answer.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Interesting. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us line up in a 4-4-2 against Sunderland, too. 

Away from home is totally different, we were at home against a team we always played well against in Brighton but our strength and skill was on the bench that day, Pearson really annoyed me that day and it got worse next out at Barnsley who played us off the park

9 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Will we miss Ince? Yes.

Yes, but in 13/14 we had Bryson on the top of his game, we were underdogs for large parts, and played an expansive style that other sides hadn't figured out. We also had Hughes and Hendrick, Dawkins, Bamford, Ward. 

We had 16 goals from Bryson, 9 from Russell, 8 from Bamford, and 7 from Ward. That isn't wingers (and a CM) chipping in with goals? 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yep, I'm sort of feeling the same way, I want him to stay but I think if he does go we'll manage without him. It's just very important we actually get a good fee for Ince and that we find a good enough replacement. I wasn't too happy with the fee and the timing of Hughes' departure, but I can't complain about the incomings made by Rowett so far, so I'm hopeful he'd be able to identify a suitable replacement.

Not sure Sako is an ideal replacement though, I thought he'd spent most/all of his career as a left winger (apart from a few games up front for Palace)?

A lot of people say our best display in recent times was away to Hull in the play offs where we won 2-0 and yes we had Hendrick and Hughes but out wide that day we had wieman on the left and Russell on the right with Martin up top and both wieman and Russell were very good (as was everyone) with Ince dropped to the bench after a dreadful first leg 

Get him gone for a big fee and bring in a right-midfielder who fits Rowett's system (whatever that may be) to a tee. No one player makes a team, and we'll move on from Ince as we have done from countless others.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yes, but in 13/14 we had Bryson on the top of his game, we were underdogs for large parts, and played an expansive style that other sides hadn't figured out. We also had Hughes and Hendrick, Dawkins, Bamford, Ward. 

We had 16 goals from Bryson, 9 from Russell, 8 from Bamford, and 7 from Ward. That isn't wingers (and a CM) chipping in with goals? 

It was great fun wasn't it!!! 

Just now, Redcar said:

At least I won't have to hear that dreadful Ince song again about Ince will tear you apart.... ?

You will hear that song again with different player. 

Archived