Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

The more I see and hear the more this seems like a numbers reduction married to a serious cash generating excercise.

the fact that it is Ince and Hughes is hugely disappointing but it's a reflection on the value (or demand )for the recent incomers and old stagers.

Mel can stand a million a month in excess spending for only so long, but dial in the Vydra / Johnson / Anya buys which were heavy duty money in outlay AND wages on top of the relatively normal Blackman/Camara stuff. I suspect he is making a new financial model. Rather than pushing us over the line to the Prem (plan A which has been given 2 goes ) he now wants sustainable competative championship side (Plan B ) 

Anyway ..whatever happens I am a Ram and am looking forward to seeing some of the young uns getting a go. Lowe, Elsnik, Bennet. Fitting Vydra and Weiman with Nuge and Martin. A refreshed and solid looking defence.  Plenty to look forward to in my book ( even though in my heart I'll miss the dancing feet and moments of genius ) 

A bit like that old ad "you know it make sense" COYR

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ince goes and we are not top six after ten games a lot of folk will be calling for Rowett and understandably.

We simply don't have good enough players from within to replace Ince and the lack of any rumours with good attacking players is worrying.

There is a reason there is no queue for Weizmann, Russell, Blackman and Anya. It's because they're crap!

5 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

I'm not sure why everyone assumes Ince is leaving now that Nixon said so. Just a few days ago he said we were getting Buxton. The man is the definition of fake news. 

Lol let's hope he's with the squad on Sunday to Tenerife. 

Hopefully in the not too distant future there will be some news to get excited about! If ince goes so be it, I won't lose any sleep over this deal. 

Come on mr rowett and dcfc inspire us, give us something positive. 

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If Ince goes and we are not top six after ten games a lot of folk will be calling for Rowett and understandably.

We simply don't have good enough players from within to replace Ince and the lack of any rumours with good attacking players is worrying.

There is a reason there is no queue for Weizmann, Russell, Blackman and Anya. It's because they're crap!

So if we're 8th after 10 games (with 36 still to play) it's understandable that 'fans' will be wanting Rowett gone?

If that was the case then those fans would be even more stupid than I originally thought. We desperately need stability at the club and I hope MM gives him enough time to establish his squad and see where it takes us. If he doesn't then I don't know where we go next - another manager, get rid of more players who don't fit in with yet a different 'system'?

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Redcar said:

Weimann and Russell wingers with Nugent and Martin up front.... Ince who? ?

Neither weimann nor russell are wingers. 

20 minutes ago, jono said:

The more I see and hear the more this seems like a numbers reduction married to a serious cash generating excercise.

the fact that it is Ince and Hughes is hugely disappointing but it's a reflection on the value (or demand )for the recent incomers and old stagers.

Mel can stand a million a month in excess spending for only so long, but dial in the Vydra / Johnson / Anya buys which were heavy duty money in outlay AND wages on top of the relatively normal Blackman/Camara stuff. I suspect he is making a new financial model. Rather than pushing us over the line to the Prem (plan A which has been given 2 goes ) he now wants sustainable competative championship side (Plan B ) 

Anyway ..whatever happens I am a Ram and am looking forward to seeing some of the young uns getting a go. Lowe, Elsnik, Bennet. Fitting Vydra and Weiman with Nuge and Martin. A refreshed and solid looking defence.  Plenty to look forward to in my book ( even though in my heart I'll miss the dancing feet and moments of genius ) 

A bit like that old ad "you know it make sense" COYR

I'm fairly sure the only restraint on spending is the FFP rules at the moment.

I suppose Mel doesn't have a bottomless pit he's going to burn through regardless of the rules, and a period of sensible spending would be welcome.

I read a article a few years back in which it stated that a rich owner could reasonably afford to spend 10% of his worth on a club.

If that's the case, Mel is either wealthier than reported, or pushing right up against what's feasible for him to do.

Either way, I'd expect to see a lot of interest around other members of the squad before September, we have better players than we sometimes credit on here, and someone will chance their arm eventually, even if it's just a loan deal, or we end up paying a % of wages elsewhere.

As for Ince, he needs to make sure he goes somewhere a manager will let him off the leash, and tell him to concentrate on what he can do, rather than improve what he's less good at.

If Rowetts can't offer him the same, better for all he moves on.

4 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Can't wait to see folks peeing in their pants and slashing wrists when he goes

popcorn on standby :lol::lol:

:(

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So if we're 8th after 10 games (with 36 still to play) it's understandable that 'fans' will be wanting Rowett gone?

If that was the case then those fans would be even more stupid than I originally thought. We desperately need stability at the club and I hope MM gives him enough time to establish his squad and see where it takes us. If he doesn't then I don't know where we go next - another manager, get rid of more players who don't fit in with yet a different 'system'?

Of course we need stability in the mgt department but you don't get away with selling two of your best players. Success has to be delivered with this strategy. Let's hope he doesn't go!!

I'm not having all this "we don't need him" perspective now it looks like he might be on his way. Do we really want to be relying solely on Chris Martin again to score and create all our goals? We know how that ends. Ince brings something to the team no one else is capable of. We need both him and Martin in the side to even think about being competitive. 

8 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

:(

Don't get me wrong, i'd hate to see him go but seriously, the talk and reaction to his suggested move is comical. It's football, players move.

God knows how some of these on here would of reacted when we sold Saunders & Wright..FFS.

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Don't get me wrong, i'd hate to see him go but seriously, the talk and reaction to his suggested move is comical. It's football, players move.

God knows how some of these on here would of reacted when we sold Saunders & Wright..FFS.

Yep.... remember when my dad came in my room to tell me we had sold Paul Goddard for £900k to Everton.... I was gutted. Anyway, back OT!! 

20 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm fairly sure the only restraint on spending is the FFP rules at the moment.

I suppose Mel doesn't have a bottomless pit he's going to burn through regardless of the rules, and a period of sensible spending would be welcome.

I read a article a few years back in which it stated that a rich owner could reasonably afford to spend 10% of his worth on a club.

If that's the case, Mel is either wealthier than reported, or pushing right up against what's feasible for him to do.

Either way, I'd expect to see a lot of interest around other members of the squad before September, we have better players than we sometimes credit on here, and someone will chance their arm eventually, even if it's just a loan deal, or we end up paying a % of wages elsewhere.

As for Ince, he needs to make sure he goes somewhere a manager will let him off the leash, and tell him to concentrate on what he can do, rather than improve what he's less good at.

If Rowetts can't offer him the same, better for all he moves on.

I think a owner could spend far more than 10%. He can offset the losses the clubs inevitably make against profits they make in other areas. Not for one second saying that's why Mel is here, but it's not costing him the money he chucks at the club

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I'm not having all this "we don't need him" perspective now it looks like he might be on his way. Do we really want to be relying solely on Chris Martin again to score and create all our goals? We know how that ends. Ince brings something to the team no one else is capable of. We need both him and Martin in the side to even think about being competitive. 

Who said anything about relying solely on Chris Martin? In Bent, Martin and Nugent we have three consistent goalscoring strikers. Plus I think Rowett will be working towards a goalscoring midfield. In the 2015-2016 season his Birmingham midfield scored a total of 28 goals between them. A goal every other game from the midfield, plus the goals that will be scored by the strikers should be more than enough. 

Yes we'll sacrifice goals by losing Ince, but the general team will benefit from a more traditional wide midfielder that probably creates more than scores. 

Archived