Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

13 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Ince clan were holding out for Newcastle to reignite their interest in him. Huddersfield are arguably the most likely side to be relegated next year, so not sure a 1 year stint in the Premier League would be the kind of thing Ince would actively be keen on. 

Bet they get more than 11 points.:ph34r:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Should we be concerned that our better players are actively trying to leave? Or is that normal in football?

Hughes clearly forced a move and Ince (through his dad) seems to be touting his availability.

Yes and yes.

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

Interesting points, certainly contrary to my prior beliefs on Russell. Russell clearly has been productive, in that time frame, albeit not been performing so well this season. We do have to question the reason we opt to attack down the right, maybe that's a factor of Ince being there, and being a more reliable winger, rather than just a generic play style of the team? It's certainly the case that Russell does suffer being put on the other wing, which doesn't suit his preferred style, of being able to cut in on his left. 

However, away from the statistics, I believe Ince certainly has a better first touch, Russell's can sometimes let him down. I also believe, composure wise Ince is superior. I can't provide a stat to show this, however I would have much greater trust in Ince in a one on one situation than Russell, as a believe the former would be more likely to keep their head. 

I agree with you, the point that Russell doesn't assist, or provide an outlet in the wing is wrong. People have taken it to such extremes on our wingers, that it is a polarising topic. The way I see it, is both Russell and Ince are good wingers. Ince is the teams main attacking focal point in many games this season, whereas Russell plays a more supportive role, doing a lot of the unnoticed work. I certainly think at times Russell has had some good positional play to cover a fullback. 

I agree with your points on Ince not having many assists, for the role he plays in the team, it's certainly something to factor in, however, as you acknowledge, the unreliablity of the assist statistics does but some questions into this. For example, I don't think it's factoring in key passes, which may make Ince's stats look more favorably.  

Just to spin the plates a bit more, Ince does have an attacking wing back in Christie or a clever full back in Baird behind him unlike Russell who has had Olson basically and Russell tends to need someone who can hold the ball up and pass it properly up front, with Martin a good return for Russell with Bent or someone else - not much, anyway they are both major assets in this league but they all need the correct types around them and if we keep both we will have a very productive time with having both Martin and nugent at our disposal 

If the fee is upfront (Prem clubs are swimming in money so make them cough up which we should've done with Hughes)

then sell him if understandably Ince wants to play at the top level, it's not as if we're selling to a promotion rival... watch us sell Keogh to the Wendies now!

GR will build a good team with a decent transfer fund.

12 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

£3m is derisory, but perhaps it's just an effort to unsettle Ince and get the wheels turning.

Goal scoring midfielders should be going to the premiership for £10-12 million end of story, Huddersfield don't want to pay us that so they are running the risk that someone else will take him on, I'd like to keep him but it is bubbling on and he probably wants to go to the premiership anyway but we either get what we want or we wait until the last moment of the transfer window and squeeze every penny and meanwhile Ince needs to stay professional and score goals for Derby county until then.

12 hours ago, Jonesy90 said:

Selling players for bigger profits is what Derby want to aim towards. The now cliched phrase of "being like a Southampton" have been used throughout Derby's hierarchy over the years of Mel's ownership.

Yes, Mel has got cash, but he's a businessman as well and will be aiming to make the club self sufficient - hence his efforts to increase revenue through creating a new website, installing a new restaurant at the stadium and contesting the TV revenues the EFL teams receive.

While FFP has been swept under the carpet by Derby for the past few years, it has raised its head more since Gary Rowett has come in. We know the squad is top heavy in terms of players numbers and wages, but Rowett has been particular with his words about transfers out, particularly Hughes. 

"Every player has a price", "We need to balance the books" and "in the best interests of the club financially" have been phrases used - clearly Rowett has been set a tight financial remit by Mel.

Just like all Derby fans, Mel must have thought after that Play Off final against QPR that the club would get promoted within a few years. His gamble/calculated assumption to take the club on and spend heavily to get us over the line, hasn't worked.

So for the club to tighten the purse strings again, and sell the most lucrative assets should not be scoffed at.

Football IS now business, and with Mel actively saying he wants the club to be self sustainable, I can only see Derby continuing to sell off their best players, a la Southampton, if not to balance the books, but to reinvest in the club following a sensible decision to cash in on players.

Ince is the next most valuable asset, therefore, should be considered as the next one out of the door. I don't want him to go, but it makes complete financial sense in the position we are in.

Top post. None of want our most exciting players to leave but we don't want to be a basket case again.

l am pretty certain he will be sold. I doubt actually he will be directly replaced, perhaps a young loaner instead.  My instincts are that if he can't offload them, Rowett will back himself to get the very most out of Blackman, Weiman and Vydra.  Russell strikes me as a Rowett type trier.

Huddersfield set to make fresh bid for Derby County winger Tom Ince  

Premier League new boys are poised to make an improved offer for Ince

Derby rejected a bid worth up to £7.2m last week for the 25-year-old winger

Paul Ince said his son should be playing in the Premier League 

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 01:48, 29 June 2017 | UPDATED: 01:48, 29 June 2017

let him go as he thinks hes better than  he is. he never made it in the top flight before and thats what is dad needs to learn. also martins back and neither get on,after martins refusal to not play for fullam  has affected any interest in him. lets face it i would rather have martin and get rid of ince . business is business and theres plenty of profit to replace ince afterwards. theres been too many egos in the quad for last few seasons and lets face it time to move on. give gr the time to do what he wants for the future of dcfc and not waste more money changing managers for the sake of player power. a change is needed and offload whoever we can to reduce squad size for the sake of unity.

3 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

let him go as he thinks hes better than  he is. he never made it in the top flight before and thats what is dad needs to learn. also martins back and neither get on,after martins refusal to not play for fullam  has affected any interest in him. lets face it i would rather have martin and get rid of ince . business is business and theres plenty of profit to replace ince afterwards. theres been too many egos in the quad for last few seasons and lets face it time to move on. give gr the time to do what he wants for the future of dcfc and not waste more money changing managers for the sake of player power. a change is needed and offload whoever we can to reduce squad size for the sake of unity.

How do you know they don't get on?

Personally believe Ince doesn't fancy the rowett style of play and also a move to Huddlesfield would be a good one for him as he would be the main man. A move to any other premiership club would probably mean he'd be a squad player.

Probably spoken to his old man who has done his bit to push Ince closer to the exit door. 

We will miss him if he goes but nothing will surprise me in this window. Didn't expect to get Davies and wisdom but didn't expect to lose Hughes.

It's inevitable Ince will leave, it will just be a slow drawn out process, similar to Martin going, rumours surfaced around this time last year.

It seems clear that we won't be making any more signings until more money is raised, I guess the Will Hughes money was already ear marked for the Wisdom and Davis deals.

Its certain that come August 4th we will line up completely differently to how Pearson had us lined up.

Archived