Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Ha did he? I just saw the last post with a bizarre non-prediction. Am i picking on a genuine ITKnower? 

I think he's an ITK'er that nobody but me (yet) is ITK about ;)

I've been semi-stalking his posts!

Nothing wrong with stalking is there, if it's only with a semi?

10 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Great that he's away if true , never get out the league with the likes of him 

Never get out of the league with the likes of BRYSON. 

42 minutes ago, falconram said:

will Ince be be at Derby next season either loan or sale , probably not, have we got targets ,yes we have but we need outs before ins ,would they be good additions, yes they would, I'm not saying who they are

Well then give us more than this @falconram Any wingers? Any Prem loans? Anyone from overseas? Throw me a little bonio?

Ince scored 15 last season and assisted another 6, Bent was next on 13 and then Nugent on 6 + 1 assist. Not a problem if Ince leaves as long as we actually replace him with someone.

We may play without wingers of course, but our next highest scoring winger last season was Johnny Russell with 2 goals. I don't think we should just be relying on Martin again for goals. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He wasn't a flop, just average like lingard - how the both of them are earning that much money is amazing 

I think it was £700,000 to Millwall - I think your Dad was trying make you feel better! 

But what a player Paul Goddard was - with him and Saunders we finished 5th that season and I managed to get to nearly all the games home and away - great season

Saunders and Goddard partnership was the best I've ever seen at Derby, I especially remember how they tore Man U apart at Old Trafford :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Don't get me wrong, i'd hate to see him go but seriously, the talk and reaction to his suggested move is comical. It's football, players move.

God knows how some of these on here would of reacted when we sold Saunders & Wright..FFS.

Bit like my sons at us selling Hughes and highly possibly Ince. 

Seriously expect having dragged them half way round the country like my old man did me in that era, I expect in 20+ years time, they will be saying similar things to any off spring they are lucky enough to have. Once it's in the genes you're hooked for better and worse.

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

Bryso n 10 others friend 

championees 

You said this for last few seasons and still never happened. Unlucky.

17 minutes ago, Saity said:

Saunders and Goddard partnership was the best I've ever seen at Derby, I especially remember how they tore Man U apart at Old Trafford :thumbsup:

As an 11 year old the sale of Goddard passed me by until a few years later I realised our 5th place was largely down to him and while Saunders was leathal, it was Goddard that provided the space, movement, short passes and flick ons. I think this sale was the possibly the worst in DC history and he should have gone on to be a real legend.

Hard to avoid the gloom, if we sell Keogh, Hughes and Ince in one window I'll struggle to remain positive. Rowett is taking an enormous risk in any such situation, if it doesn't work out he is going to get a substantial about of stick. 

I must admit, I'm skeptical. It seems to be ripping the identity away from the club, and s***s on the whole idea of the Derby way. I hope we know what we're doing. If we replace them all with 30 year old journeymen, I think the majority of the fan base will be on Rowett's back from game 1. Let's face it, we're not exactly known for patience. I hope this isn't the case.

The identity of the club is b/s! We have slowly been slipping down the table with the current crop of players. 

It desperately needs freshening up, and selling those three players will inject cash enabling Rowett to mould a team that can go to the likes of Norwich and Middlesbrough and manage to battle out a 1-0 win. Something we've been unable to do for 10 years. 

24 minutes ago, R@M said:

As an 11 year old the sale of Goddard passed me by until a few years later I realised our 5th place was largely down to him and while Saunders was leathal, it was Goddard that provided the space, movement, short passes and flick ons. I think this sale was the possibly the worst in DC history and he should have gone on to be a real legend.

As I recall I think a handshake agreement was in place with him that if a London Club came in for him we would allow him to speak to them.

Real shame to see him go. Used to make it all look so effortless.

Replaced him with big Mick I think.

Scary mother Fuc.er he was. Scored a lovely lob at the Ossie end. Had a great touch and could really hold the ball up.

Centre halves hated him. Most of them of that era said he was the hardest player they had to play against. 

Those days of finishing fifth were the best times I've had as a Derby fan.

I was in my mid teens and going to the match home or away was the highlight of every week.

Couldn't wait to get the "Green un" Sunday to read about the game I'd seen the day before.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Now here's someone who I do trust ! Any news on possible replacements @Carl Sagan ? Is the Ince deal permanent or loan? Ant figures ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much for then?

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I doubt it's done. I can't imagine he finished training with Derby today, managed to pass a medical with Huddersfield and agreed terms etc.

maybe a deal has been agreed but doubt it's done. You might be right and I think he will go unfortunately.

Heard for a while (& it's not rocket science) Ince wanted to move on & play in the Prem but that the club were adamant he wouldn't go on the cheap without our asking price being met. I don't know what that price was, but I believe around £10m.

Not much word on incomings but I'd always want to keep those quiet for the sake of the club doing good business. But once a player's been sold I don't see that really matters.

For Enigma, I don't know where he's been today but his dad would presumably be doing the deal and if at Moor Farm he could have been saying his farewells. I think he's a decent lad who does the decent thing; for instance, he's always moved to get regular games instead of sitting on his arse and collecting the pay check.

Archived