Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Heard for a while (& it's not rocket science) Ince wanted to move on & play in the Prem but that the club were adamant he wouldn't go on the cheap without our asking price being met. I don't know what that price was, but I believe around £10m.

Not much word on incomings but I'd always want to keep those quiet for the sake of the club doing good business. But once a player's been sold I don't see that really matters.

For Enigma, I don't know where he's been today but his dad would presumably be doing the deal and if at Moor Farm he could have been saying his farewells. I think he's a decent lad who does the decent thing; for instance, he's always moved to get regular games instead of sitting on his arse and collecting the pay check.

Don't doubt a deals been agreed at some point today but just doubt it's been done as he was training at moor farm today.

in one way I hope your wrong as he will guarantee goals assists and positivity but if the money's spent wisely and ideally an up and coming young gem that's price will travel after banging in double figures for goals and assists I'm all for it.

rowetts taking a massive gamble with his reputation and our clubs future. I hope it pays off.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, R@M said:

As an 11 year old the sale of Goddard passed me by until a few years later I realised our 5th place was largely down to him and while Saunders was leathal, it was Goddard that provided the space, movement, short passes and flick ons. I think this sale was the possibly the worst in DC history and he should have gone on to be a real legend.

I totally agree i could never understand how we sold Goddard to Millwall for 800k.especially being ex West Ham!!! and it never worked out for him as Millwall fans hated him.. his eye for goal and awareness of others around him was fantastic and i also thought that if he'd stayed he would've become a legend. best 425k we've ever spent in my eyes.

he scored some great goals that season ...Everton at the BBG was one of them  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 minute ago, falconram said:

Believe me I'm in the same camp as Carl Sagan, I won't post anything that is of the detriment of the club so giving names of possible ins and outs could be highly damaging.

Do you believe possible ins to be positive moves, out of interest?

2 hours ago, Saity said:

Saunders and Goddard partnership was the best I've ever seen at Derby, I especially remember how they tore Man U apart at Old Trafford :thumbsup:

Yep I was there the day of the Hillsboro disaster I seem to remember

8 hours ago, falconram said:

Believe me I'm in the same camp as Carl Sagan, I won't post anything that is of the detriment of the club so giving names of possible ins and outs could be highly damaging.

Me too, I won't give any names of possible incoming either...mainly because I don't know any. But mostly for the clubs sake

9 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

As I recall I think a handshake agreement was in place with him that if a London Club came in for him we would allow him to speak to them.

Real shame to see him go. Used to make it all look so effortless.

Replaced him with big Mick I think.

Scary mother Fuc.er he was. Scored a lovely lob at the Ossie end. Had a great touch and could really hold the ball up.

Centre halves hated him. Most of them of that era said he was the hardest player they had to play against. 

Those days of finishing fifth were the best times I've had as a Derby fan.

I was in my mid teens and going to the match home or away was the highlight of every week.

Couldn't wait to get the "Green un" Sunday to read about the game I'd seen the day before.

Every time we take a throw in nowadays it either goes towards a group of heads or just bounces of a group of people- now with Paul Goddard he found space and every time he instantly controlled it on his chest or huge thighs and away we went, just my recurring memory every time I watch Derby County since then

13 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not entirely sure how big business works at that level, but I'm not sure that sounds correct.

Sure, a business can offset some taxes in negative earnings years to future profitable ones, but I'm not sure an individual can, and as far as I'm aware Derby County don't own other ventures which are profitable, so an overall profit isn't being reduced.

Even if what you put is correct, does Mel still hold profitable interests in other companies?

I have no real idea about his finances so this may all be BS but I do have 2 businesses of my own What happens at one does get offset against the other for tax if one doesn't make a profit in a specific year, which one didn't for the first year or so. As for him having no business interests these days, again I don't know but if he is worth about 500 million then unless it's all under his mattress which would make sleeping uncomfortable. Then any decent investment portfolio should get him about 8/10% return which for argument sake say is 40 million of which he will be taxed at the highest rate. I do suspect one could be used to counter the other but this is just pure speculation on my part 

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I don't know whether to cry or laugh at this point. He's our only good winger. Hughes loss I could take, but this one is devastating. 

Tottenham sold Gareth Bale.

I would say they are a much better side now because they spent the money wisely.

I don't think we will know how 'devastating' the sale is until we see who we buy with the money. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I would say they are a much better side now because they spent the money wisely.

I don't think we will know how 'devastating' the sale is until we see who we buy with the money. 

What like £30 million on Lamela

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Daniel Levy doesn't give players away on the cheap thus had 80 odd million to reinvest. We as a rule don't do so well in transfer dealings and won't get anything like the quality of Ince as a replacement. This will definitely weaken us as a team

Archived