Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

22 minutes ago, Rample said:

Good news is at £7.2m we should just reject it outright. A bit higher and we are more likely to negotiate. Hope Mel turns round and says £20m and we slowly negotiate toward £13-14 plus add ons. Although extra if they survive would be crap as a) we wouldn't get it, and b) the chances are we could not only miss the payment as be playing against him in 2018. Has anybody ever put a clause in for extra if they get relegated?

Good idea,5 million extra if you stay up,10 million if you go down or return Ince to us.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

There's a fair chance Huddersfield will come straight down. If he was to sign for any club, it would be on a minimum 3 year contract - given his age, possibly even 4 years, so most if his time could be spent back in the Championship.

He needs to go to a stable PL side such as Southampton, WHU or even Stoke (heaven forbid) if he wants decent career progression.

Common sense would dictate you're right Wolfie, but if no-one other than Hudds come in, and they offer a higher wage and PL football, they suddenly become a very attractive proposition, whatever their medium-long term future is.

Football's a game of opportunity, and you have to take it if it comes along, because anything could happen in the next game. He could sign for Huddersfield, have a stormer, they get relegated but he has then still put himself in a far stronger position than he is now, having had a successful season in the PL.

Equally they could get relegated, and he is where he is now, but with a bigger bank balance and a year's Prem experience.

Or they might just stay up.

Of course if he did sign for them, and they got relegated and we passed them on our way up, that would be funny.

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Good news is at £7.2m we should just reject it outright. A bit higher and we are more likely to negotiate. Hope Mel turns round and says £20m and we slowly negotiate toward £13-14 plus add ons. Although extra if they survive would be crap as a) we wouldn't get it, and b) the chances are we could not only miss the payment as be playing against him in 2018. Has anybody ever put a clause in for extra if they get relegated?

Thats why it might be an idea to loan him at 5 million with the option to buy him for 13mill if they survive.Derby then would be in a win win situation if he comes back he should be even better with prem experience which we will need

9 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Don't get me wrong, the jury is out for me on Ibe. Just could be a realistic scenario from little bits I've heard.

I think Ibe fits the mold of winger/attacker that Rowett will want - pacy, direct with an eye for goal. Ince is a player GR can and will use if he stays beyond summer, but if we end up with Ibe I won't be unhappy.

Ince I will be sad to see go, and would want a decent/large fee for him. If he wants to go to the Prem though, his play has earned him that.

24 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Ibe had 6 good games with Derby. They just happened to be the 6 games we played before Liverpool recalled him.

Yeah Mac had got him playing well, finally, but nit surprising as a youngster. Don't think (from the bits I've seen) he's played as well since. But Mac's gone.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Ibe had 6 good games with Derby. They just happened to be the 6 games we played before Liverpool recalled him.

That lad Ward at Forest would be a better option.

Wards exactly the kind of player that rowett likes....plus he would be ideal on the left wing,allowing Russell to switch back to his favoured right wing...

Shame it's not on the cards as both worked superbly with Martin...

On 6/15/2017 at 14:15, Derbados said:

Still mad to think that Huddersfield are bidding for our best players! 

HUDDERSFIELD FFS! a couple of seasons ago they were relegation fodder. 

Ridiculous, isn't it? And they even had a NEGATIVE goal difference last season!!!

Damn upstarts! :)

On 6/13/2017 at 17:13, Cam the Ram said:

And the winger we're currently linked with who'd probably replace him in George Boyd, would probably want near the 30k mark if not more I'd imagine. He isn't rejecting a new contract at a Prem club to come down to the Championship to play for peanuts

Boyd would join Derby because he knows he would get AT LEAST the same wages on a LONGER deal than he would at Burnley.

He is 32 in a few months. Dyche isn't stupid so he only offered GB a one-year deal.

1 minute ago, Grantona said:

Boyd would join Derby because he knows he would get AT LEAST the same wages on a LONGER deal than he would at Burnley.

He is 32 in a few months. Dyche isn't stupid so he only offered GB a one-year deal.

Are you really reading through every single page of this thread? It's Saturday man, go enjoy the sun. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Grantona said:

What's up? Has the entire Burnley forum hired a minibus and gone off to Blackpool for the day?

Archived