Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some 'supporters' really need to look at themselves. We've just signed two really good defenders for a total of £5m. How do they expect to balance the books? We can only sell players that are wanted. Which means our better players. Get behind the manager. The only way he can wheel and deal is by selling assets. 

If Huddersfield pay £10m for Mooy after one good Championship season I think £10m for Ince is undervalue. 

If Newcastle paid I think £15m for Matt Ritchie, surely that's got to be more like the ballpark we should be getting for Ince. 

Just hope If we do sell that Rowett has gem of relatively unknown foreign / lower league player(s) to bring in to replace Ince's goals, as that's going to be a potentially major loss.

20 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

If Huddersfield pay £10m for Mooy after one good Championship season I think £10m for Ince is undervalue. 

If Newcastle paid I think £15m for Matt Ritchie, surely that's got to be more like the ballpark we should be getting for Ince. 

Just hope If we do sell that Rowett has gem of relatively unknown foreign / lower league player(s) to bring in to replace Ince's goals, as that's going to be a potentially major loss.

Richie was in a team that got promoted and took the league by storm

He then did well in the premiership, hes an International also.

Was one of the stand out players scoring some very important goals this season in a team which got promoted again.

Id much rather Ritchie who tends to rurn up every week than Ince.

Im uncomfortable with people who compare the two.

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Some 'supporters' really need to look at themselves. We've just signed two really good defenders for a total of £5m. How do they expect to balance the books? We can only sell players that are wanted. Which means our better players. Get behind the manager. The only way he can wheel and deal is by selling assets. 

The other way is to not buy anyone. I personally think losing ince and gaining 2 defenders, weakens the team as a whole. If we have to balance the books, keep the best players let the expensive flops run their contracts down as nobody other than Derby is daft enough to spunk all those millions on mediocrity. Then start again as the wage bill lessens. I honestly believe the mistakes in the transfer market over the past couple of years will take about 3/4 seasons to recover from. 

38 minutes ago, Mountain Ram said:

Should he be sold, we'd (hopefully) already have replaced Ince's goals with the return of Chris Martin. That and getting a full season out of David Nugent will be a massive bonus.

On top of the goals he's capable of scoring himself, if Nugent (5) Vydra (5) Johnson (3), Bryson (3), Hughes (2), Russell (2) & Butterfield (1) all got 3 more goals each as a result of Martin bringing them into play then I don't think anyone would be complaining.

As it stands hoping get near 15m as we can and then hopeful keogh go near 5m mark. We probley owe hull 10 percent of tranafear fee.

But i think cryus christie could gone for about another 3m as well

Take out wage bill down about 40 percent.

Wisdom will play in the centre of a back 3 with Keogh and Davis. Anya or christie on right and forsyth or lowe on the left with baird back up ... Thorne holding (so whelan a great shout ) we will only have wingers on the bench so selling Ince will be fine for the shape and system . Martin Nugent Vydra up top and anyone's guess in midfield ... suspect  we will keep Russell 

3 minutes ago, bucktwo said:

Wisdom will play in the centre of a back 3 with Keogh and Davis. Anya or christie on right and forsyth or lowe on the left with baird back up ... Thorne holding (so whelan a great shout ) we will only have wingers on the bench so selling Ince will be fine for the shape and system . Martin Nugent Vydra up top and anyone's guess in midfield ... suspect  we will keep Russell 

How do you know what formation we'll be playing?

12 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

If we could get Ibe id be pretty impressed.

The real cost of selling ince is obviously in replacing his contribution of goals and assists.  I think Ibe could do it

Ince has made double the number of appearances as Ibe but their goals scored records are totally different - 72 against 11. I like Ibe and think he's still got a lot of potential to improve but see him as a totally different player to Ince and never as a direct replacement.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Richie was in a team that got promoted and took the league by storm

He then did well in the premiership, hes an International also.

Was one of the stand out players scoring some very important goals this season in a team which got promoted again.

Id much rather Ritchie who tends to rurn up every week than Ince.

Im uncomfortable with people who compare the two.

I think Ince would be an international if he qualified to play for Scotland, so not exactly a fair comparison either!

Yes! I'd prefer Ritchie to Ince if we had that choice - But as you've not offered an alternative to compare the transfer fees with I guess you'll have to live with being uncomfortable :whistle:

1 hour ago, Topram said:

I can't see us letting Ince go without having a replacement ready 

We have he's called Johnny Russell, better player positionally, lost his right wing position to TI, lacks the final decision; admittedly, but may well get his confidence that he originally had, back. And he can play with an overlapping RB like Christie.

5 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

We have he's called Johnny Russell, better player positionally, lost his right wing position to TI, lacks the final decision; admittedly, but may well get his confidence that he originally had, back. And he can play with an overlapping RB like Christie.

I think I've just been sick Russell or Ince bloody hell 

17 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Lol go have a lie down before your intoxicated brain makes you fall over. Ince has more goals this season than Russell has in the last two.

23 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Not even close. Ability wise, Ince is miles ahead of Russell. Russell is a trier. Ince both puts the effort in, and holds the ability to make it work. Replacing Ince with Russell without a signing is suicide.

I don't think £10m for Ince is enough, personally. If he wants to move on, which it sounds like he does, then I can see it being difficult to reject a £10m bid with a decent payment structure, but he's going to be one hell of a player to replace. 

Knockaert and Ritchie are the only two players in the division capable of replacing Ince, both would cost significantly more than £10m. 

Ibe would be a good signing, but I 99% sure we wouldn't see the goal return. I'm pretty sure he would cost more than £10m too. 

Archived