Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Why can't Huddersfield bid in round millions ? Is the £8 million part of their play off winning bonanza and the 0.3 million from a whip round int t'social club. Wasn't the first bid £7.2 million?  Maybe the Klopp clone is bidding in Euros.?

Ages ago when my now wife bought her first house the initial offer was rejected. Her "cunning plan" was to come up with a daft increase that made it look like she was scrapping the barrel so they didn't come back for another bite. So instead of adding 5 grand she added 4,273.50 or something daft .. Anyway it got accepted  :blink: 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jono said:

Ages ago when my now wife bought her first house the initial offer was rejected. Her "cunning plan" was to come up with a daft increase that made it look like she was scrapping the barrel so they didn't come back for another bite. So instead of adding 5 grand she added 4,273.50 or something daft .. Anyway it got accepted  :blink: 

Anyone seen this yet? The way Rowett talks about ince he seems to really rate him! I very much doubt he will leave this summer unless we get a stupid bid! I think it's unlucky he will leave especially with Hughes going 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Camara leaving we only have 3-4 wingers if you included Blackman. (Russell, anya, Ince) Surely this would mean either keeping Ince and bringing in another winger, or selling Ince and bringing in 2 more wingers??? 

5 hours ago, dcfcgodd said:

Anyone seen this yet? The way Rowett talks about ince he seems to really rate him! I very much doubt he will leave this summer unless we get a stupid bid! I think it's unlucky he will leave especially with Hughes going 

I remember thinking like that too.

Now I think it was just marketing so we could get couple peanuts more.

6 hours ago, dcfcgodd said:

Rowett might rate him but if Ince wants to leave for the Prem there's not a lot he can do about it. 

Watching the best bits youtube video of Blackman there is definitely a good player in there he just needs a solid run of games. I did notice though that a lot of his goals came from him playing wide right and cutting in on to his left foot....maybe he could play there with Ince (if he stays) playing off the striker.

I think Blackman deserves a proper chance to impress but I don't our 'supporters' will give him that

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Watching the best bits youtube video of Blackman there is definitely a good player in there he just needs a solid run of games. I did notice though that a lot of his goals came from him playing wide right and cutting in on to his left foot....maybe he could play there with Ince (if he stays) playing off the striker.

I think Blackman deserves a proper chance to impress but I don't our 'supporters' will give him that

As long as GR gives him the chance he should be tough enough to cope with the supporters. Having said that, I would never boo him (or any other player) and I was very critical of that "if Blackman scores..." song at Rotherham. 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I suspect Ince will be gone soon aswell. Huddersfield have if you believe the press been given his transfer price. I can also see Boyd replacing him. Exciting times

I don't believe the press - 95% of the time they're wrong.

So we sell one of our better players and complain that we're selling the wrong ones. Last season we complained things had to change ,no one seems to want any of our other players, if we sell nobody we complain nothing is happening . For goodness sake, GR et al are on a hiding to nothing with some people . Nobody can say for sure what is going off behind the scenes. Pre season was far better in my younger days without i pads, i phones etc. and all the inane rumblings of displeasure from armchair experts (no offence intended) . Let them get on with the job in hand and show some patience ! 

I would prefer for Ince to start for us score a few goals and if we have to sell then let it be on the last day for a huge sum and get some maximum value for a change because a £3 million profit isn't really that great.

Archived