Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other possibility. Rowett wants play 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 next season. Systems which look like they accommodate our squad.. Who's the one player they don't accommodate - Ince. Loan him out for a decent fee, not all is lost if we decide we want him back in 12 months.. Just throwing another theory out there

Overreacting here. 

First knowing how ambitious Tom is, the choice of playing next to Martin and co in this crap league versus with Hudd stars and co in the premier league is a pretty easy one. He gets to showcase his skills on an attacking team.

Second, we get to keep him for next season when hopefully we go up, which might be useful. If he does great at Hudd we can decide next year if we keep him or sell him on to an even bigger club.

third we get ourselves a fat loan fee and get him off the wage books.

Is that all so bad ?

the only downside is losing his services for the season, that's it. But do we need him for promotion or not ?

This won't happen. There's nothing in it for Derby at all. No way Rowett would be interested in this deal. If he goes it will be a permanent deal and we should be demanding £10m+.

In answer to how would we replace him, the answer is not like for like, we'd adopt a system where goals would come from elsewhere, i.e. Chris Martin who's stats in what people said was a bad season under Clement were still better than Ince last season; or Vydra playing as a 10 for the whole season.

Tom Ince as he is right now would not be the massive blow to Derby some people seem to think. However, if he played to his full potential every week and in the big games, then no way should we let him go, and if Rowett believes Ince can improve under him, then definitely we should not look to sell, unless of course Tom wants to go to the Premier League.

I Trust GR to do whats right for DCFC, if he lets Tom go its for a good reason as why would you otherwise want to get rid a player who is top of our goalscoring and assists stats.

My thoughts are that Tom will be missed as he has a very good goalscoring record in the championship and last season i was really glad he was on the pitch especially in games  when we didn't create much  because his goals to chances ratio are very high.( Newcastle away excluded lol )

I also think other sides in championship will be glad hes not lining up against them next season if he were to go....1 goal in every 3 games is a big miss!!!

I hope this is just paper talk but as i said if its true we have to trust GR :thumbsup:

There is no ounce of truth in this article. Nixon has fabricated 100% of that article to bring in clicks to their website. Notice when he tweeted the article, it was just after Percy tweeted about Wisdom and the #dcfc timeline blew up with tweets about wisdom. It was a very clever piece that he's done to get every talking about Ince and getting them to go onto that article. The only way we would let Ince leave is for big big money so we can have funds for transfers. We wouldn't want him off the wage books when players like Blackman are earning similar wages and aren't even playing. Won't happen. 

14 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

15377719.jpg

I thought we were having a media blackout of pictures of Pearson in a Derby shirt?? Are we not? I'd like to request a media blackout of Pearson in a Derby shirt pictures please. They upset me.

The Sun newspaper reported that newly-promoted Huddersfield Town want to take Ince on loan as they prepare for life in the Premier League.

But the Derby Telegraph understands the Rams would not let Ince go out on loan and there has been no approach by Huddersfield.

Angry fans labelled the possibility of a loan move 'laughable, terrible, crazy business'.

But Derby would not go for such a deal and they are in no rush to sell Ince, who scored 15 goals last season.

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/would-derby-county-let-tom-ince-go-out-on-loan-here-s-the-answer/story-30390021-detail/story.html#OTg0XpRydzdzgVcr.99

Archived