Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Would be 1 of the last out the door for me but like Rowett said every player has his price, for me got to be looking at a minimum £15m + addons, Fulham have rejected £20m for Cairney and Ince should be commanding a similar style fee in my opinion.

Good to see he we haven't accepted such a low offer.

I'd forgotten those. I shall edit my post!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Still mad to think that Huddersfield are bidding for our best players! 

HUDDERSFIELD FFS! a couple of seasons ago they were relegation fodder. 

Its revenge for pinching Jacob Butterfield off them when he was their best player.

They can have him back for £7.2m though if they fancy... :ph34r:

Why are we considering selling our best player, our top scorer who provides loads of assists? One of the few creative players in the squad, a player people pay to see. Surely we sell the weak links and keep our best players? This will really test my patience to be honest if he is sold. I think he is more important to the squad than Will Hughes.

I'd be pissed if he went, they will beat us in being the worst team in the prem (hopefully), i want a very good winger to replace. Surely he would want to go somewhere better. Stay with us ince we will get there soon haha 

I reckon, if the bid gets to £12m we'll let him go.  Wouldn't like to see him so, but it'll be a nice healthy profit.

I guess he's the price we pay for overspending on mediocrity like Blackman and Butterfield... We've got to balance the books somehow and nobody's gonna pay for them!!!

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why are we considering selling our best player, our top scorer who provides loads of assists? One of the few creative players in the squad, a player people pay to see. Surely we sell the weak links and keep our best players? This will really test my patience to be honest if he is sold. I think he is more important to the squad than Will Hughes.

Not getting at you in particular  @Jimbo Ram, but who has said that we are considering selling our best player or players? It's normal that clubs with relatively large amounts of money to spend will be looking to buy the better players at other (lower) clubs. The normal should be, in our position of not necessarily needing to sell our best players, that we only consider it when the offer is too good to turn down. If the offer really is too good to turn down then why would we? The thing is that we as fans may not consider that offer to be too good.

Looks like the ITK from a month ago who said we are planning on playing Blackman at right mid to replace Ince was correct...

Hope this is true, I'd rather we gain expenditure through other means by selling the likes of Russell, Camara, Christie and Bryson which would in turn trim the squad down rather than selling our best players like Ince.

9 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I reckon, if the bid gets to £12m we'll let him go.  Wouldn't like to see him so, but it'll be a nice healthy profit.

I guess he's the price we pay for overspending on mediocrity like Blackman and Butterfield... We've got to balance the books somehow and nobody's gonna pay for them!!!

Agreed, although we might let him go for a further £2-3m on top of the rumoured 7.2.

Archived