Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why are we considering selling our best player, our top scorer who provides loads of assists? One of the few creative players in the squad, a player people pay to see. Surely we sell the weak links and keep our best players? This will really test my patience to be honest if he is sold. I think he is more important to the squad than Will Hughes.

But he will want to play at the highest level and also get a big pay rise, the club then need to squeeze at much money out of Huddersfield as possible.

sign Sako to replace him.

If anyone offers north of £12 million for Ince then we've got to sell. We can't turn down that sort of money. 

But they've payed £10 million for Mooy. Who has had 1 good season at this level. Ince has scored 15 goals a season for 3 consecutive seasons. So I'd want more. 

But the fact is at this moment in time. Ince is our most valuable asset.

If he goes, I've every confidence we would replace him. 

With how thrifty Rowett has been so far. I think he could sign a new squad for 12 million. 

Our track record of signing wingers hasn't been great. Can we at least sign a decent LW before thinking about selling Ince?

We can then talk about numbers which will be closer to £20m, that might sound crazy but I promise you I've not been drinking, look out the window and see what's happening around us. 

English footballers are at a premium right now, let that gravy train ride on through Derby. Choo choo!

(If we have to sell him)

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Looks like the ITK from a month ago who said we are planning on playing Blackman at right mid to replace Ince was correct...

Hope this is true, I'd rather we gain expenditure through other means by selling the likes of Russell, Camara, Christie and Bryson which would in turn trim the squad down rather than selling our best players like Ince.

*Isn't true

1 minute ago, David said:

We can then talk about numbers which will be closer to £20m, that might sound crazy but I promise you I've not been drinking, look out the window and see what's happening around us. 

Doesn't sound crazy at all. Look at the price rejected for Cairney by Fulham. The price Villa signed Kodjia for after one good season. The price they're paying for Mooy. The price we sold Hendrick for.

He won't be budging for a penny less than £15m IMO. 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Doesn't sound crazy at all. Look at the price rejected for Cairney by Fulham. The price Villa signed Kodjia for after one good season. The price they're paying for Mooy. The price we sold Hendrick for.

He won't be budging for a penny less than £15m IMO. 

£17m with £3m extra if they stay up. That PL money is no bag of nuts.

'Hahaha **** off derby. We're coming for your best players now because you're a **** mismanaged club and you've just spunked millions endlessly. Pay backs a bitch. Incey will be out of there like a shot to join a team of winners.'

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/105869/tom-ince#ixzz4k5EDLgA6

Was having a read of their forum thread on Ince, they seemed to be very bitter about Butterfield still? They can take him back..

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

'Hahaha **** off derby. We're coming for your best players now because you're a **** mismanaged club and you've just spunked millions endlessly. Pay backs a bitch. Incey will be out of there like a shot to join a team of winners.'

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/105869/tom-ince#ixzz4k5EDLgA6

Was having a read of their forum thread on Ince, they seemed to be very bitter about Butterfield still? They can take him back..

Will be nice to see them get relegated and their manager and good players quickly jump ship. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

£17m with £3m extra if they stay up. That PL money is no bag of nuts.

That's exactly the kind of money we should be asking for. They can afford it, so we should squeeze for it!

The only thing that no one has thought about...

If Ince thought about this move, and was promised plenty of game time in the premier league...

Could he force a way into the England world cup squad? Stranger things have happened over a 12 month period.

Don't be surprised if his dad was to put that into his head so he forces a move into the prem to see if he can have a storming season and put a thought into Southgates head. 

I said before £12-15 million would be acceptable, especially considering we bought Ince for £4.75 million. It's approaching £10 million in profit.

But if it's true that Fulham turned down £20 million for Tom Cairney, surely we should adopt a similarly no-nonsense stance for a player of similar quality.

In this market which seems to be getting more and more astronomical by the day, £15 million is the minimum we should expect for Ince.

If we are smart about it, we should price Huddersfield out of a move very quickly and they'll go away.

Archived