Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddersfield now after him

HUDDERSFIELD are in talks to sign Tom Ince in a shock deal for their debut season in the Premier League.

David Wagner has targeted the Derby star as he looks to build a squad capable of competing in their first year in the top flight.

Wagner is aware he will not have a fortune to spend on bringing in new players despite promotion bring the club at least £145million.

And he believes he could land a bargain by convincing Derby to part with Ince on a season-long loan deal so they can takes his salary off the wage bill.

Huddersfield are prepared to cough up a loan fee and meet the cost of his £30,000-a-week wages.

And if they are successful in maintaining their Premier League status next season they would then make the move permanent.

Huddersfield supremo Dean Hoyle does not want to be left with a lot of expensive contracts if his club goes down.

So a season of big money on Ince’s wages, with the option to send him back if things don’t work out, appeals to him.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1128510/huddersfield-in-tom-ince-talks-as-they-look-to-sign-derby-star-for-debut-season-in-the-premier-league/

A season long loan!! F*ck off

Unless the loan-fee is very high, why would we even consider this?

If we're so desperate to clear our wage bill of 30k a week, why have we signed players without getting rid of any first? It would make zero sense.

1 minute ago, Topram said:

What a mistake this would be??  Surely Mel has learnt from loaning Martin??? Ince is our only bloody good winger 

I'll be gutted if this happens. I fully expected big bids for Tom this summer and then what can you do? But to loan him out to bloody Huddersfield? Christ. 

Huge loss if he goes. But hugely ridiculous if it's on loan to bloody Huddersfield. 

First, Hughes is linked with a £4 million move to Brighton and now Huddersfield want Ince on a season long loan.

Why would newspapers hurt their credibility with such outlandish rumours?

If there is any weight to these rumours, maybe we are under more financial pressure than we first thought?

:huh:

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don't get the notion of "getting him off the wage bill" 

That makes sense when the player has no value. Bent, Blackman etc

But a player who in this day and age is worth 10m+.... 

Dont believe this one bit

And the winger we're currently linked with who'd probably replace him in George Boyd, would probably want near the 30k mark if not more I'd imagine. He isn't rejecting a new contract at a Prem club to come down to the Championship to play for peanuts

This would be the worst transfer move derby have made in my lifetime, and that really is saying something! He's our best player, certainly under king George proves his fitness again anyway, so why the hell should we sell him unless we have to to raise funds. Don't see this happening, if he goes it'll be a big fee in excess of 10m imo to spend on other players

Archived