Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

48 minutes ago, cannable said:

Yes, but they don't get it all now.

Assuming they don't want to run at a loss they have £63,000,000 available for next season. 

They're going up without Mooy, Ward, Brown and Palmer and due to PL rules on loans will need to buy or replace two of them just to stand still. 

So in reality it's more like £63,000,000 - promotion wage rises - two transfer fees.

It's not really an immense amount in a transfer climate in which Tom Cairney is in excess of £20,000,000. 

Clever loans and bargains it is for them. 

Well said 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We'd be totally off our rocker to loan out our top player(s), again.

It isn't poor ickle Huddersfield anymore, they have 100 plus million in the piggy pot. 

Fulham have the right idea with Tom Cairney; stick a 20 million price tag on his head, nothing less.

F..k Huddersfield.

Get promoted and want to borrow players??

So if they get relegated they can just give him back without paying out a big fee and premier wages?

Ludicrous.

See if any other club trying to get out of this league will lend them their match winners!

Costa is unsettled. Borrow him for a year.

I'd be gutted if Ince leaves, not too sure why he isn't a lot more loved than he is.

Probably the most skilful player we've had at the club in the last 10 years and so much better than the other wingers we have.

Loaning him out would be absolute madness. If we want to get rid of him surely we can find a buyer.

6 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

I'd be gutted if Ince leaves, not too sure why he isn't a lot more loved than he is.

Probably the most skilful player we've had at the club in the last 10 years and so much better than the other wingers we have.

Loaning him out would be absolute madness. If we want to get rid of him surely we can find a buyer.

I've just read the article in the Derby Telegraph.

Apparently Huddersfield are prepared to pay a loan fee and his wages.

Ooohh thank you very fu..ing  much!!!!!!

And what do we do in the meantime? See if we can loan Watkins and be benevolent enough to not only pay a loan fee......but also cover his wages.

Can't believe the absolute gall of it!

Cheeky tw.ts. 

I don't know if anyone's noticed but I'm fuming.

Only two reasons for Tom to go and if it's (1) then it's conditional on (2) which is a given considering his talent, age and record. 

1) if he wants to

2) for a shed load of folding stuff 

1 hour ago, Hollybush said:

I'm torn between defending him, or allowing their ignorance to turn them off him.

Fair play, I'd be equally clueless about most of their players.

They won't realise that far from an attitude problem, he's one of the easiest to handle players available, all he wants to do is his very best and improve himself constantly. 

17 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

Well if only he'd smile more! FFS him and Martin should be shipped out for being utterly mardy.

Assuming this has an ounce of truth, we seem to counter weight a big signing (Vydra) with a catastrophic bit of business (loaning out Martin).

I have been very happy reading about the deal for Wisdom, only to now read this.

I refuse to believe after loaning out Martin and signing Weale that Derby will follow those moves up with this shower of horse ?****.

It just ain't gonna happen.

How many players are realistically better than Ince in that position, that we might acually be able to sign uf we sold him? 

Jota....?

Forestieri...?

Im struggling after that

Also surely we would want to come out of any deal in profit making this suggestion strange.

Of course Rowett could consider our existing player's to be equally good and therefore Ince could simply be surplus to requirements. 

Can you realistically see our other wide forwards matching Ince's goal threat?

Russell - maybe

Blackman - no

Weimann - no

Vydra - maybe

Perhaps ince doesn't fit in with our new formation?  He hasn't done that well as a number 10 and has struggled anywhere other than in a 4-3-3

I think you will find that their is a very strong chance that Ince and possibly Hughes will not be here next season.

All players have a price and if the deal is right for DCFC they won't be here, both quality players but can we get players who are physically stronger and more athletic than both of these for championship football.

13 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

How many players are realistically better than Ince in that position, that we might acually be able to sign uf we sold him? 

Jota....?

Forestieri...?

Im struggling after that

Also surely we would want to come out of any deal in profit making this suggestion strange.

Of course Rowett could consider our existing player's to be equally good and therefore Ince could simply be surplus to requirements. 

Can you realistically see our other wide forwards matching Ince's goal threat?

Russell - maybe

Blackman - no

Weimann - no

Vydra - maybe

Perhaps ince doesn't fit in with our new formation?  He hasn't done that well as a number 10 and has struggled anywhere other than in a 4-3-3

Russell maybe scoring 15 goals?? Bloody hell be lucky if he could score 5 next season 

Archived