Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but wonder where Ince would be had he just stayed at Liverpool as a bit-part player rather than dropping down a league for first-team football.

I also can't help but wonder what if it was Ince on loan from United and Lingard from Hull.

21 hours ago, Kinder said:

Off topic but the DET really is plumbing the depths.  I read the BBC report this morning of last night's Ireland game to see how Keogh & Christie got on, then read the DET's report.  They've lifted chunks out of the BBC's report literally word for word.  It's the sort of thing you'd expect from a spotty kid doing a GCSE project.

21 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

They've been getting progressively worse for a while. Most likely to do with the pressure being on them for clicks...but there's no excuses for laziness like that. They've gone from being a respected source to a source of irritation and misinformation. 

I take what you're saying, but in the paper's defence, it has to provide a lot more content in order to attract better advertising revenue, yet like every other paper on the market has cut resources over the last 5-10 years, while at the same time using what remaining staff it has not only to get a paper out, but also do all the internet stuff. 

What do you want them to do? Send a reporter to the Ireland game? It can't/won't afford a freelancer's fee either so it has to rely on 3rd party information - and the BBC is as reliable as you're going to get. 

It's caught between a rock and a hard place of needing to provide more content but not having enough resource to really do that with any great quality.

The DET won three good awards the other week. As someone who has for professional reasons had to understand and get across the whole UK local media market for nearly a quarter of a century, there are a hell of a lot worse out there. 

I have no problem selling Ince if it is for an awful lot of money and if he is moving up the football ladder but I would be very uncomfortable to sell to another championship club which ultimately damages our own prospects.

i have no problem selling the likes of camara Blackman wieman to other championship clubs as it does not make the kind of difference losing Ince/giving Ince to another club would have.

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Without wanting to mix threads - if we did sell Ince (for v big money) does that alter the dynamic vis a vis Christie since part of the issue is those two not being effective in tandem?

They looked pretty good together tearing the Wolves defence apart down the right in last seasons away game....before Christie went off and then the game changed....

Be surprised if ince was to go anywhere,sure it would only happen if serious money hit the table. Cant see him being attracted to anywhere other than premiership and i cant see us letting him go for anything less than £12m in the current climate. Has 20 goals a season in him at this level if managed properly and so wont or shouldnt be going to any other championship club. So see him staying unless GR says otherwise.

46 minutes ago, Coconut said:

The game changing had more to do with Jamie Hanson coming on than Cyrus Christie going off

So Christie and Ince didn't destroy them in the first half, probably our best half of football last season?

54 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So Christie and Ince didn't destroy them in the first half, probably our best half of football last season?

With the benefit of having just watched that opening 45 minutes on RamsPlayer... no, they honestly didn't!

Our opening goal came from a poor clearance by their keeper and a great cross from Max Lowe, who was far the more effective of the two fullbacks in that half, with Ince tapping in after a save - no involvement from Christie at all. The second goal was Bent's brilliant finish - but again, this stemmed from Wolves errors and good play on the left hand side of the pitch - no involvement from Christie.

In that opening 15-20 minutes Ince & Christie barely interacted - on the 2 occasions they did, the first ended up with Christie making a poor attempt at a pass for Ince to run onto (striaght into the path of the defender's run), and the second ended up with Ince heading it to Christie who lost concentration and miscontrolled the ball on his thigh and out for a throw-in.

Christie's positive involvement in that half could be summed up by him winning a corner after an (unopposed) run where his attempt at a cross was straight at the opposition defender, and one more run which ended up with a pull back behind Ince, who turned and shot feebly.

None of our other chances to score involved Christie. The majority of Ince's interactions in that half were with Hughes, Bent & Butterfield.

We weren't actually very impressive, we were far too complacent once we went 2-0 up and the problems Wolves faced were largely of their own making - it was an easy half more than an impressive one.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It was our best half performance all day long. 

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

It was only 45 minutes, not all day long! 

No **** sherlock. I meant that 1st half performance was the best than any other games. 

58 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It was our best half performance all day long. 

I'd have to disagree. It was a great atmosphere and a great goal but we weren't great it was more a case of wolves being absolutely dog sh*te. 

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

With the benefit of having just watched that opening 45 minutes on RamsPlayer... no, they honestly didn't!

Our opening goal came from a poor clearance by their keeper and a great cross from Max Lowe, who was far the more effective of the two fullbacks in that half, with Ince tapping in after a save - no involvement from Christie at all. The second goal was Bent's brilliant finish - but again, this stemmed from Wolves errors and good play on the left hand side of the pitch - no involvement from Christie.

In that opening 15-20 minutes Ince & Christie barely interacted - on the 2 occasions they did, the first ended up with Christie making a poor attempt at a pass for Ince to run onto (striaght into the path of the defender's run), and the second ended up with Ince heading it to Christie who lost concentration and miscontrolled the ball on his thigh and out for a throw-in.

Christie's positive involvement in that half could be summed up by him winning a corner after an (unopposed) run where his attempt at a cross was straight at the opposition defender, and one more run which ended up with a pull back behind Ince, who turned and shot feebly.

None of our other chances to score involved Christie. The majority of Ince's interactions in that half were with Hughes, Bent & Butterfield.

We weren't actually very impressive, we were far too complacent once we went 2-0 up and the problems Wolves faced were largely of their own making - it was an easy half more than an impressive one.

I must have been watching a different game then......my memory from watching the game was that we could have been 5-0 up at half time...........looked like scoring every time we went forward with Ince and Christie the main threat......must have just been a coincidence that after Christie went off at the end of the first half we didn't play well at all and were fortunate to win in the end...

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I must have been watching a different game then......my memory from watching the game was that we could have been 5-0 up at half time...........looked like scoring every time we went forward with Ince and Christie the main threat......must have just been a coincidence that after Christie went off at the end of the first half we didn't play well at all and were fortunate to win in the end...

You're right in remembering that we should have had 5, you're wrong in remembering that Christie played a vital role in this or that him being subbed off was the reason they made a much better hash of it in the 2nd half - he hadn't even really had to do any defending in the first half because Woles played in such a passive manner.

A tactical change on 32 minutes made little difference on its own, but the combination of that and a half time rocket up their arse from Rob Edwards at half time did; we struggled when they statrted to 'get about us'  in the way we've become accustomed to seeing before and since that game, regardless of who is or isn't on the pitch.

Archived