Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute madness , forget the host of reasons that make the vague idea of it madness and just work with the simple reason that it makes any forward team planning for us stupidly impossible ,,, do you replace him if you don't know whether he will be coming back ? You can't bring in players to strengthen in other areas the way you would if you actually sold one of your most sellable assets because you don't know if he is coming back ,,, you couldn't make this sxxt up ,,,,,, oops somebody clearly has

16 minutes ago, Topram said:

What a mistake this would be??  Surely Mel has learnt from loaning Martin??? Ince is our only bloody good winger 

Agreed. Mel knows the vast majority of fans (well, all of them apart from @toddy and @Ninos) were spitting feathers with the Martin debacle and from what I've read he wasn't too impressed about it himself so I can't believe he'd go down a similar path with Ince.

Speculation at best but at the end of the day likely to be another load of bunkum.

25 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don't get the notion of "getting him off the wage bill" 

That makes sense when the player has no value. Bent, Blackman etc

But a player who in this day and age is worth 10m+.... 

Dont believe this one bit

Spot on, it's not wages that are regularly on the pitch that hurt you, it's the wages that aren't. 

It would only make sense if Rowett planned to use an existing player for that position, which I can't see being the case.

Ince would be the last person in the squad I'd be moving on. And a loan would be crazy unless the fee were paid in turn is crazy. In today's market your looking 10-12m to buy Ince. The only feasible loan deal would be 4/5m cash and a replacement such as Ojo lined up on loan.

Starting to think Rush has put us in a real bad place with money with these sort of links.

This would make absolutely no sense. Right now, after the season he has had, he could be worth £10m to someone in lower prem.  But a few bad performances in the prem and he'll be classed as only good enough for Championship and his market value would drop to around £2-3m.

Way too much risk in a loan deal.

Besides, Hudds have a £150m windfall this season.

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

This would make absolutely no sense. Right now, after the season he has had, he could be worth £10m to someone in lower prem.  But a few bad performances in the prem and he'll be classed as only good enough for Championship and his market value would drop to around £2-3m.

Way too much risk in a loan deal.

You've got a very valid point if it's money we need reluctantly sell when the stocks hot. Can see Huddersfield struggling and him not shining like he has this season which as you've said will devalue him massively. 

But if we're not desperate for the money keep! 

Regarding the financial situation of the club do you really thing we would be committing upwards of £4 million on Andre Wisdom, plus the wages of Curtis Davies , £25k per week ? 

I rate Ince , massively, I think he's got that star quality that you struggle to find at this level, but does Rowett ? Does he see him as a bit of a luxury that we don't need ? Regarding the fees quoted by Nixon I think we all know it's bull **** ! 

Could it be the lad from palace coming in on the left wing and Russel on the right with ince sold for big bucks ? Maybe rowett thinks we will get ince s goals from our strikers and midfield if we set up a bit different ,,, we have Martin , nugent , vydra ,bent who if given the right service should get you a sack full of goals ,maybe the money ince could bring in if SOLD could go a long way to rebuilding other areas given that on paper we really should not be short of players who can bag goals if the team is right?

34 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Yes, but they don't get it all now.

Assuming they don't want to run at a loss they have £63,000,000 available for next season. 

They're going up without Mooy, Ward, Brown and Palmer and due to PL rules on loans will need to buy or replace two of them just to stand still. 

So in reality it's more like £63,000,000 - promotion wage rises - two transfer fees.

It's not really an immense amount in a transfer climate in which Tom Cairney is in excess of £20,000,000. 

Clever loans and bargains it is for them. 

Every Player has his price ,there is no way that Huddersfield could attract Ince on a buy deal as

1. They may well come straight back down
  2. They may come straight back down and have massive wage bill

However if they paid a hefty loan fee with a view to a similar addon or even smaller addon if they stay up then it makes more sense

Ince gets his season in the prem league , we get perhaps 6 million (why the fee has to be 4 million or less i dont know) , shift the wages and get him back at the end of the season to sell again if we want (or keep)  and Rowett can bring in another of his players

He has been great this season but could easily sulk next season , so I am happy to make money whilst his star is shining

We will be at risk of selling Ince up until the end of the transfer window with the simple fact that the money may be too good to turn down but a loan to Huddersfield looks very unlikely and I can't imagine Ince would even fancy it ( oh and Huddersfield haven't even got the players who helped them get promoted on loan last season)

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Huddersfield now after him

HUDDERSFIELD are in talks to sign Tom Ince in a shock deal for their debut season in the Premier League.

David Wagner has targeted the Derby star as he looks to build a squad capable of competing in their first year in the top flight.

Wagner is aware he will not have a fortune to spend on bringing in new players despite promotion bring the club at least £145million.

And he believes he could land a bargain by convincing Derby to part with Ince on a season-long loan deal so they can takes his salary off the wage bill.

Huddersfield are prepared to cough up a loan fee and meet the cost of his £30,000-a-week wages.

And if they are successful in maintaining their Premier League status next season they would then make the move permanent.

Huddersfield supremo Dean Hoyle does not want to be left with a lot of expensive contracts if his club goes down.

So a season of big money on Ince’s wages, with the option to send him back if things don’t work out, appeals to him.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/1128510/huddersfield-in-tom-ince-talks-as-they-look-to-sign-derby-star-for-debut-season-in-the-premier-league/

A season long loan!! F*ck off

Hahaha.. Almost as silly as martin going on a season long loan. I don't think Mel will get bitten twice.

We'd be totally off our rocker to loan out our top player(s), again.

It isn't poor ickle Huddersfield anymore, they have 100 plus million in the piggy pot. 

Fulham have the right idea with Tom Cairney; stick a 20 million price tag on his head, nothing less.

Archived