Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

Should just say 10m take it or leave it, ince is worth more then 10m ability wise but hes lazy and gets lost in too many games. 10m is a fair both way, everybody talking about wingers theres a winger everybody has seem to forgot about, hope kyle mcallister can come in and be the new ince!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

Why not? They got promoted and are a Premier League club. We finished higher midtable and are a Championship club. At this moment they're a more successful club with a higher profile and vastly bigger income. Why shouldn't we sell to them? They have loads of money now! We should be looking to sell to clubs like them as that's where we will get the best prices. 

If we're selling Ince, I'd much rather he went to Huddersfield than another team in our league like Fulham or Wednesday.

I was insinuating that it's a sad indictment of our current situation that Huddersfield are in a position to be a club that we sell our best players to. You're right of course, it's preferable to a championship club, but it's just rather sad that it's got to the point a little club like Huddersfield have so much more power in the market than we do

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Under no scenario should we be having to 'settle' on a price, we aren't desperate for money. I'm sure if a prem club came in for any of our players there is a good chance they will want out but it has to be at the price we want or not at all. Last summer Hendrick wanted out when Burnley came calling, he even said after the move he hoped it would have been sorted quicker but it took until they met our valuation of him, he even played for us at the start of the season.

That's a good point but maybe a too black and white stance, excusing the pun. There are so many variables. It may be we have a plan and we need the money quickly, in which case we might have to sell lower. It might be we can drag it out and get the best price. Hopefully if we are selling it will be for the best price we can get, but that isn't always the case.Players, agents, two clubs and circumstance will all play a part.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If we sell tom ince I don't think I'll have ever been so pissed off at a bit of derby transfer business, he's irreplaceable at this level. We shouldn't be selling our best players to bloody Huddersfield for christs sake! If I see Blackman at right wing as his replacement I'm watching cricket instead, and I ******* hate cricket 

I have seen much much worse sales at Derby county and  if he goes I hope he does well with us again having a load of add ons and yes we may well end up better for it if we can balance out the side and get promoted ourselves 

43 minutes ago, Andicis said:

'Hahaha **** off derby. We're coming for your best players now because you're a **** mismanaged club and you've just spunked millions endlessly. Pay backs a bitch. Incey will be out of there like a shot to join a team of winners.'

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/105869/tom-ince#ixzz4k5EDLgA6

Was having a read of their forum thread on Ince, they seemed to be very bitter about Butterfield still? They can take him back..

Take out the swearing, and it's hard not to agree.

Ince is a very talented footballer and on his day can win a game by himself.

The team has never looked totally convincing though with Tom in the side. 

Maybe we were spoiled by the football we saw after Mac took over Cloughs team, maybe that type of glorious passing football was just a fluke where the players at that time gelled perfectly in a formation that suited them. For all Ince's individual skill I don't believe the team plays particularly well for any great length of time so   If we get a silly offer of £12m we should take it and scour the leagues for a younger version of Jamie Ward.

We have been fairly poor at the transfer game for a long time now, we redeemed ourselves last year by getting over 10 million for Jeff Hendrick, only to monumentally balls that up by spending 8 million on Vydra, 4 million on Anya, signing Weale and sending Martin out on loan (you would be forgiven for thinking it was a bad dream).

We have done really well getting Davies for 500k and almost getting Wisdom for 2.5 million plus, you would think the tide was turning, for me to truly believe that I don't want to see us selling Ince, but if we have to, a penny under 15 million will be an absolute insult.

14 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Blackman is nothing like Ince at all, they're no where near similar players. Would be like replacing Hughes with Johnson. 

Ince doesn't have to be replaced like for like, or with a player of a similar quality necessarily. All Rowett will be thinking about is whether he can still move the team forward.

I am not saying it's a good idea and I am not saying it's something I'd agree with or something I'd do, but it's something that seems plausible if we are tightening our belts.

We know Blackman isn't going to displace Martin, Nugent, Bent or Vydra in the pecking order up front.

So out wide is probably the one area where he might get a look in.

I might not agree with it, but Rowett might look at what Blackman does in training, might look at what he did in his final season at Reading and think to himself, I have something to work with here.

Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Take out the swearing, and it's hard not to agree.

They're a team of winners because they managed to scrape luckily through the playoffs? I mean, they are promoted, so there is an argument for it, but the playoffs are always notoriously hit and miss.

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Ince is a very talented footballer and on his day can win a game by himself.

The team has never looked totally convincing though with Tom in the side. 

Maybe we were spoiled by the football we saw after Mac took over Cloughs team, maybe that type of glorious passing football was just a fluke where the players at that time gelled perfectly in a formation that suited them. For all Ince's individual skill I don't believe the team plays particularly well for any great length of time so   If we get a silly offer of £12m we should take it and scour the leagues for a younger version of Jamie Ward.

Sensible post. He's good is Tom but he's not the finished article and 10m + is excellent business.

Just now, Dimmu said:

With proper offer, I'd sell. Russell and Blackman can play RW, someone new and Weimann LW. At least Camara can go, Anya or one of the aforementioned too. Team would look much more balanced.

Surely we are meant to be improving the squad not weakening it. I am all for offloading players if we improve on them ie Davies, Wisdom.

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

How much would Ibe be to get back? Had a poor last season. I'd take him back here in a heartbeat if we let Ince go 

Joined AFCB for £15m. Value has arguably halved after this season. So around £7.5m?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not true!

Never seen a more static midfielder. He produced one deflected goal, and did a few nice little flicks. He can't head the ball and is arguably the worst tackler on the team. 

Archived