which PREVIOUS Rams players to you despise most? *sponsored by SRG

Mostyn6

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him. 

Some of Booker T Washington's quotes were very profound.

"Of all forms of slavery there is none that is so harmful and degrading as that form of slavery which tempts one human being to hate another by reason of his race or color."

22 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Contempt is the fascist cousin of hate. 

Sorry, you'll have to run that one past me again.

I have complete and utter contempt for people who are consumed by hatred - especially for those for whom race, creed or colour is a motivating factor. Other than that, I get on fine with people.

47 minutes ago, eddie said:

"Of all forms of slavery there is none that is so harmful and degrading as that form of slavery which tempts one human being to hate another by reason of his race or color."

8 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I will take the risk that eddie will think me intellectually ineffective and, much worse, a half fan, but I have only ever loathed, despised and hated one player that has pulled on a Derby shirt. Mick Coop.

Signed from Coventry, a right back that played for England he was probably past his best when he played for us. That did not though give him the excuse to put in no effort, to show game after game that he couldn't be bothered and didn't want to play for us. Uselessness I can accept - and have seen a fair amount of over the years - but plain not trying (as opposed to giving up when the cause is gone) I have only seen practiced by Mr Coop. May he rot.

You beat me to it Ilkley , I will never forget this tosser walking around the pitch as if on a stroll in the park .

This is a really great post by SRG - and far harder to respond to than I thought at the outset : the reality is that I always want Rams to do as well as possible, which rules out actively disliking our own players.

Retrospectively hating players who , at the time, I was more than happy for them to play for us, is just not fair. Kenny Burns et al . 

Having said that........I have done my best and these would be my nominations :

John Harkes - just appalling

Dean Holdsworth - laughable 

Darryl Powell ( only in his last year or so was he an embarrassment to himself and his club - prior to that he was superb, especially in the promotion year . And yet he had a hugely inflated view of his own ability - for someone statistically registered as the worst player of the world cup that year  )

Lars Bohinen - pirouette turns become awfully boring after a while. A huge disappointment with no output. 

Chris Baird -  I'm really, really sorry but I just cannot stand these players who come on the pitch irregularly and start ordering their teammates about  (who play week in, week out) instead of concentrating on their own game, which they know is below par which is why they aren't in the first team to start with.

Just to put in my twopenneth worth on the Robbie subject - I thought he was a superb player for Derby County, match after match, once Nigel brought him out of the cold.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Pity the next occupant of the White House would rather have Mr Farage as his adviser

10 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

This is a really great post by SRG - and far harder to respond to than I thought at the outset : the reality is that I always want Rams to do as well as possible, which rules out actively disliking our own players.

Retrospectively hating players who , at the time, I was more than happy for them to play for us, is just not fair. Kenny Burns et al . 

Having said that........I have done my best and these would be my nominations :

John Harkes - just appalling

Dean Holdsworth - laughable 

Darryl Powell ( only in his last year or so was he an embarrassment to himself and his club - prior to that he was superb, especially in the promotion year . And yet he had a hugely inflated view of his own ability - for someone statistically registered as the worst player of the world cup that year  )

Lars Bohinen - pirouette turns become awfully boring after a while. A huge disappointment with no output. 

Chris Baird -  I'm really, really sorry but I just cannot stand these players who come on the pitch irregularly and start ordering their teammates about  (who play week in, week out) instead of concentrating on their own game, which they know is below par which is why they aren't in the first team to start with.

Just to put in my twopenneth worth on the Robbie subject - I thought he was a superb player for Derby County, match after match, once Nigel brought him out of the cold.

Why is there no emoticon for a facepalm?

11 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Despise is a strong word. Life's too short to despise anyone who played football for a living just because they happened to play for your club.

But I ******* hated Trevor Hebberd.

Any particular reason for your hatred. My memories of Trevor Headboard are of him being a fairly inoffensive character. Although I always look back at that era with rose tinted glasses. If only we could find another striker like Deano. :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Yea Ravanelli. Forgot about that mercenary ****

11 hours ago, Anon said:

Not knowing any players personally it really comes down to players who took a lot of money for not doing much on the pitch combined with an obvious lack of effort.

Clod, Earnie, Ravanelli

Rav scored 11 in 34 games the season we got relegated, not bad that bad tbh, 1 in 3 is decent going for a team that is relegated. The following season I know he had his injuries and scored 5 in 19, 1 in 4. Yes I know he was paid an obscene amount for the time but he was 32 when we signed him.

1 hour ago, Frogram said:

You beat me to it Ilkley , I will never forget this tosser walking around the pitch as if on a stroll in the park .

We are of like mind Frogram. Thinking about him still makes me mad decades later. If it wasn't too late I would need to get a life.

I would like to give you a like but it doesn't seem appropriate in the circumstances so I shall like another of your contributions instead

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

what part of "no current players" did you not understand?!

Archived