which PREVIOUS Rams players to you despise most? *sponsored by SRG

Mostyn6

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So in effect, by playing two years at half rate when he was entitled to one year at full rate, is the same as playing a year for free. 

Lol at me if you want, I don't think savage was a particularly good player or signing, but I do think he was honestly rubbish. 

Savage's original contract was at £22k a week.

When he was coming into the final year of the original contract, he was offered an additional year's contract at £8k a week.

Thus, at that point, he was due £22k a week for one year, with a second year at £8k a week.

Both parties then agreed to average out the salary payments across the 2 years, so he was then paid £15k a week for the final 2 seasons he was here.

Derby put out a statement that they were grateful to Savage for deferring contractually due wage payments in Year 1 through to Year 2, which has led to the misconception that Savage effectively played an extra season for 'nothing'. He didn't, he did the additional season for approx. £400k.

Derby benefitted by 'saving' £7k a week in the first year of the new deal, but were then lumbered with that useless twonk for an additional year, and had to cough up £400k for the dubious 'privilege' of keeping him here longer.

Slightly off topic (but a Derby connection) - I dislike, despise, hate ('wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire' type hatred) Dwight Yorke - the man who effectively finished Dean Yates career and stood there with his stupid, annoying, toothy grin while Yates was carried off the pitch - I still have to stop myself throwing things at the TV when the **** appears on screen all these years later....

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

Do you hate half fans Eddie? 

I don't hate anybody, @Ninos.

I know that's perhaps difficult for some to believe, but you don't have to hate something when contempt will do nicely.

Well I've shaken my head in disbelief at some, jeered at some, cheered at some but I think you need to know someone personally to actually hate them

6 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Kenny Burns - Fat, illiterate, c***, Forest

Daddy's Boy Camp - Arrogant, mardy, Forest, s*** attempt at a beard

Kenny Miller - Epitomises everything that was wrong with THAT season, looks like my Mrs' cocky nephew who decided to have a fight at our wedding

Rob Earnshaw - Ugly, Forest, Baggie, god awful goal celebration

Stop beating about the bush and say it how is for heavens sake. 

Any one who went to play for Leeds or Forest ... Except Jamie Ward cos he's a good lad really, he just fell in with a bad lot. 

And Ravanelli who I wanted to like but just turned out to be an expensive tart with no heart. 

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Any one who went to play for Leeds or Forest ... Except Jamie Ward cos he's a good lad really, he just fell in with a bad lot. 

And Ravanelli who I wanted to like but just turned out to be an expensive tart with no heart. 

You say that about Rav, but did more that anyone else for charity and was patient about all of the wages we owed him which was lots and we paid a couple of years later 

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

You say that about Rav, but did more that anyone else for charity and was patient about all of the wages we owed him which was lots and we paid a couple of years later 

Fair enough :thumbsup: I stand corrected, I didn't know the back story on the wages ...Sorry Rav 

This may surprise some people but I actually like Robbie Savage. Sure he wasn't the greatest, and despite what some people on here think he did try, just his legs were gone.

Savage's main purpose at Derby, at least while Clough was here was to take the attention off the youngsters he was playing with and he did that really well. James Bailey hasn't done much since leaving Derby but the way we talk about him Savage single-handedly ruined his career. 

He took the attention off the rest of the players, allowing Clough to get on with his job of reshaping the squad. Plus, he's a great guy off the pitch.

Players can be w*nkers on the pitch and great off it. And vice versa.

Not a former rams player, but Ryan Giggs springs to mind for me. And Nigel Pearson, even though he didn't play for us, but I've seen enough of him up close to know I hate the man. 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

It's pretty patronising to just say "if you don't agree with my opinion on a player, you've obviously been fooled", like I'm an idiot who is easily decieved.

I wasn't fooled by the lost cause chasing, and no he wasn't all that quick at that age but I still thought he did the best job he could with his limitations. 

sorry precious x

31 minutes ago, Derbados said:

In fact, Craig Fagan. . .  what a c**t!

We'd always have been better off simply playing with 10 men rather than having Fagan on the pitch. And he cost us an absolute fortune given he was on the last few months of his contract, and took the place of decent players.

When we also brought Darren Currie in to join the **** Fagan we might as well have been playing with nine men. The man responsible for both? Billy ******* Davies. He's a **** too!

Archived