which PREVIOUS Rams players to you despise most? *sponsored by SRG

Mostyn6

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

I believe we were in the same year and school!

I remember Ben actually being a bit of a better player than Nathan at the time. 

I thought there was another lad called Peter that was better than Nathan too, if you remember who I mean? 

But I guess scouts know what they're looking for

5 hours ago, rynny said:

I had put that a few of my friends always said ben was the better player but the forum decided it didnt want to post my edited reply.

You wouldn't happen to be friends with @Kingy would you Dave?

5 hours ago, mrdave85 said:

I probably am! I'm fairly sure I know who that would be though even though they've never posted anything.

I got the same weird error message when trying to post, but I logged out/in again and it worked fine. 

Is that another Field Lane (then Cavaliers) player. Same form as Ben and had chance to go to Leeds United? 

For me to despise a player they have to have done something unforgivible while at derby, or since leaving.

Poor players, or players that didnt work out, like Clod, or earnshaw i dont despise, i am more likely to despise the people responsible for bringing them to the club.

Players i can think of who i am not happy with for one reason or another are mears....clearly couldnt wait to get away, commons - the same, put in a good 3 months obviously after a contract, wanted away.

Go further back....mick harford...good player for derby, dont despise him but lost a lot of respect when i read about the deliberate own goal, thats a pretty criminal act. Stapleton - didnt he just not show up for training one season? Not sure if i am making that up, dreamt it or if its chinese whispers.

10 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Oh yes, a very good reason. His hair. Footballing ability no problem. Scored some good goals as well. His barnet just used to wind me up, that's all. Not for any particular reason either. It just did. 

And of course, to all those who simply cannot wait to be offended, smug and morally superior, it's not really hatred at all. It's just a bit of fun. 

Ha, ha. I'm right with u on the barnet front. It was pretty hideous. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

For me to despise a player they have to have done something unforgivible while at derby, or since leaving.

Poor players, or players that didnt work out, like Clod, or earnshaw i dont despise, i am more likely to despise the people responsible for bringing them to the club.

Players i can think of who i am not happy with for one reason or another are mears....clearly couldnt wait to get away, commons - the same, put in a good 3 months obviously after a contract, wanted away.

Go further back....mick harford...good player for derby, dont despise him but lost a lot of respect when i read about the deliberate own goal, thats a pretty criminal act. Stapleton - didnt he just not show up for training one season? Not sure if i am making that up, dreamt it or if its chinese whispers.

He did a bit more than that, but not much - 10 appearances in 87/88 and one goal, during Arthur's reign.  More known for his times at Arsenal and Man u.  But he wasn't a bad player

Archived