which PREVIOUS Rams players to you despise most? *sponsored by SRG

Mostyn6

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

I thought there was another lad called Peter that was better than Nathan too, if you remember who I mean? 

But I guess scouts know what they're looking for

I don't remember a lad named Peter, tbh I knew most in and around our year by surname! 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one for me... despite his sometimes excellent displays on the pitch ... Giles Barnes.

Arrogant, lazy bar steward, who literally couldn't wait to get away from us to sit on the bench for rank mediocre Premier League sides.

Well, that went well didn't it Giles? You knob. Got found out.

On 23/11/2016 at 10:12, rynny said:

I remember Nathan playing RB against Ipswich made a few mistakes there, played 1 of their strikers in, may have Bent actually.

Hate to be pedantic but wasn't that Lewis Hunt during the Burley reign? If memory serves he had a couple of steady games then made that error, or even did it twice in one game, and we never saw him again. He later turned up at Southend.

Might be getting mixed up though!

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Hate to be pedantic but wasn't that Lewis Hunt during the Burley reign? If memory serves he had a couple of steady games then made that error, or even did it twice in one game, and we never saw him again. He later turned up at Southend.

Might be getting mixed up though!

Lewis Hunt may have done that but definitely not who I was on about. The season I was on about was Burley's play off season, and Hunt was already at Southend by then.

56 minutes ago, rynny said:

Lewis Hunt may have done that but definitely not who I was on about. The season I was on about was Burley's play off season, and Hunt was already at Southend by then.

Apologies, I stand corrected!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/3544406.stm

The Hunt one must have just stood out more for me, can barely remember Doyle playing that much for us

1 hour ago, cannable said:

I've seen at least half the squad through various outlets say that he's the best player they've ever played with

Point taken that he's highly regarded by the players he played with, but I doubt you'll find a single player saying he's the best they've ever played with!

3 hours ago, Tombo said:

Point taken that he's highly regarded by the players he played with, but I doubt you'll find a single player saying he's the best they've ever played with!

Him not being the best ever player is not very good justification to despise him mind.

5 hours ago, cannable said:

I've seen at least half the squad through various outlets say that he's the best player they've ever played with

Yeah but he's like the kid with glasses who was poo but always got players player of the year. No controversial to say Eustace.

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah but he's like the kid with glasses who was poo but always got players player of the year. No controversial to say Eustace.

But you despise him?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

But you despise him?

Never met the geezer, might be okay but I have been consistent in my opinion of Eustace. People were desperate after Thorne got injured and made him into this super hero that somehow was missed by Barca.. Journeyman footballer at best, never really played anywhere of note. So many people had Eustace glasses on it was unbelivable, I despised the myth that he became.

Just bang average..

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Never met the geezer, might be okay but I have been consistent in my opinion of Eustace. People were desperate after Thorne got injured and made him into this super hero that somehow was missed by Barca.. Journeyman footballer at best, never really played anywhere of note. So many people had Eustace glasses on it was unbelivable, I despised the myth that he became.

Just bang average..

We have had loads far more average players than him. He was average maybe...but I dare bet if he hadn't of got injured our season wouldn't have ended in quite as calamitous fashion.

30 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Just bang average..

Angry

I was always led to believe you really liked and rated Eustace as a player?

Archived