Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Do I get to claim 'Podcast Know-it-all' rights for calling this one last week?

If this is a head coach role, with someone back as a DoF role, he's the best appointment available. I'd like Chris Powell to stay on as Assistant still but I can't see him doing it given his good relationship with Pearson.

I would however stress something in his contract regarding other positions or clubs coming in for him, in an attempt to make any potential future success and further enquiries for his services less awkward.

It's time to get 'The Derby Way' going. This must incorporate excellent coaching managers, a concrete style of play throughout the club, a transfer policy that suits  it and strong academy links as a must. This must be, wherever possible, his mandate to carry out.

Something along the lines of the club will refuse any approach from another club until the end of the current season would be good.   Or he's not allowed to speak to any persons named Mike, or Ashley, or any variations of... 

Couldn't be more pleased if this comes off

The football we played under Mac was what brought my passion back. I absolutely  loved those two seasons... If we won or lost I was always entertained and that's what I pay to go and watch

Mac was a perfect fit for Derby and was a fool to leave but that's in the past and I'm convinced we could thrive again under his stewardship. 

It was clear to me that the fall from grace we suffered in 14/15 was down to injuries to our key players,  ie Martin up front and Buxton in defence and we had no resources to cover the gaps they left. That shouldn't happen now under mels reign as mac would have the cash to draft in suitable replacements.. 

I'm thrilled if this comes off. 

For God's sakes, if he comes back can we all please just get behind him? I know some of you have doubts and don't think I haven't thought about it too but this is literally what Mel was talking about. We need unity. We need to all pull in the same direction here.  Let's give this a chance.

Under Mac, it appeared to be as harmonious as a football club could be.No silly rumours about players' or staff conduct. The football on the pitch was good, first and foremost, until injuries really started to bite in key areas.

If he is appointed, I just hope that fans will be able to see past the cloud he left Derby under. In spite of his repetition that it was only speculation, and that he wanted to stay.

It feels all wrong. Particularly after his abject failure at Newcastle and his inability to change system.

But .. Heck I am a Derby fan and if he gets the call and takes it then I'll cheer him as much as any manager.

one thing for sure the humble pie shop, "told you so" street vendors and DET headline writers will all be busy 

Wonder if either he or the derby players have learned much in the interim. ?

5 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

but he hadnt a plan b and lost the dressing room. enough fire alone, its alright if you want to live in a time warp and stay 2nd tier as we aint going nowhere with him except top 6 till xmas

Why did we need a plan B? We were top until our spine was wiped out. 

No team on Earth could handle that even if they had plans A through to Z(z).

McClaren's managerial career is hardly inspiring, even with us. If nothing else from a manager, I want to see loyalty, and to be blunt, McClaren has demonstrated a lack of it, and his performances as a manager aren't enough to overcome that. 

If he comes, I'll back him like I usually would, but I'm not keen on this. 

I think Mac would take this job in a shot if it was offered. What's the deal... Mcclaren and chris Powell? What about simo? These ex players keep coming back don't they? This would be macs fourth spell here. 

7 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Hmm for me, he'd have a lot of work to do to overcome trust issues

Those last few months last time was freefall..the players & fans lost trust, as he handled the Newcastle stuff very poorly.

A couple of good results can change everything in football but he has a lot of making up to do!

not this again...what trust issues?

32 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Me, I care....Bryson still hasn't been played in the correct position since the Mac first season.

Dining out on the Forest Hat Trick? What would the other hat trick he scored that season? Or perhaps the other 10 goals he scored in the very same season. Not sure how many assists he had?

If we had a manager who played Bryson to his strengths he would be about the best player we have, part of me wonders how he would have worked out had he gone to Burnley.

He scored 12 goals in 10 different games in the first half of the 13/14 season (I think). He only scored 4 goals in 2 different games in the 2nd half. 

Nobody ever mentions that Bryson's goals dried up in the 13/14 season not the 14/15 season.

11 minutes ago, valleyram said:

bryso ur very good at making runs into the box and scoring goals and assisting yea gaffer , well ive been thinking its better you sit deep and don't do that !!!!!!!!!! club is a joke and he is a joke

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

A lot of them appreciated his methods at the start but they started to lose faith when the results started going poorly. George Thorne didn't particularly like McClaren I've heard after he rushed him on numerous occasions and somewhat blames Mac for his injury problems since then(the small injuries not the serious ones like leg breaks). But footballers are fickle just like supporters. I'm waiting for the first player to come out and say that they never wanted him to leave in the first place.

I'm guessing Bryson isn't one of his fans, then!

I read that McClaren has started a university course. I guess he will be saying to his course tutor " I've  had no contact from Derby County, just rumours and speculation...oh by the way, hypothetically would I get my fees back if I jack in the course....and maybe even a bit of compensation ? "

Archived